In order to promote girl’s education and the sex ratio in the state, the state Karnataka government has started the Bhagyalakshmi Scheme. This initiative is to provide vital assistance to economically disadvantaged families in raising their girl children. Karnataka Government are accepting the Bhagya Laxmi Scheme application form from 2023 interested beneficiaries can apply at blakshmi.kar.nic.in.
In this article, we will discuss about the Karnataka Bhagyalakshmi Scheme such as its objectives, eligibility, documents, how to apply, how to check status, and application form. So read the article till the end.
Bhagyalakshmi Scheme Karnataka
The Bhagyalakshmi scheme in Karnataka is designed to promote a consistent increase in the population of girl children in the state. Under this program, the state government provides financial assistance to eligible parents, and scholarships are offered to female students. 2 children from one family can get the benefits of this scheme.
This scheme is started especially for the family of the economically weaker section who faces various problems in raising a child. By actively promoting the birth and healthy upbringing of female children, the scheme seeks to advance gender equality and challenge traditional biases against girls.
Through this scheme, beneficiary parents receive financial support, with Rs. 1 lakh provided in cases of accidents and Rs. 42,500 in the event of natural death. Furthermore, after 18 years, the beneficiary is entitled to receive Rs. 34,751.
Objectives Of Bhagyalakshmi Scheme
The objectives of this scheme are as follows:
- To promote gender equality and encourage the birth and healthy upbringing of girl children.
- To provide financial assistance to families living below the poverty line and reduce the economic burden of raising girl children.
- To improve the social and financial conditions of economically weaker families.
- To provide essential support to families, especially those from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Benefits Of Bhagya Laxmi Scheme
- Under this scheme, financial assistance will be provided to families living below the poverty line, enabling them to enhance the quality of life for their female children.
- By encouraging the birth and healthy upbringing of female children, the program promotes gender equality and challenges traditional biases against girl children.
- Each beneficiary will get health insurance up to a maximum of Rs. 25,000 per year.
- Girl students of BPL will get scholarships annually.
- Beneficiary parents will receive Rs. 1 lakh in cases of accidents and Rs. 42,500 in the event of natural death. After 18 years, the beneficiary will receive Rs. 34,751.
- A beneficiary must be registered within a year after her birth date.
- Girls born before 31 March 2006 are eligible.
- Beneficiaries should not be engaged in child labour.
- Girls from BPL families can avail the benefits of the Bhagyalakshmi Scheme.
- 2 girls from one family can apply for this scheme.
- As per the health department’s program Girls should have been immunized.
- To qualify for the maturity amount, an individual must have successfully completed the eighth grade and should not have entered into marriage prior to reaching the age of 18 years.
- Age proof of applicant.
- Bhagyalakshmi scheme application form.
- Address proof.
- Income proof.
- BPL Card.
- Bank account details.
Bhagyalakshmi Scheme Annual Scholarship Amount
|Class||Annual Scholarship Amount (p.a. for each class)|
|1st to 3rd||Rs 300|
How To Apply For Bhagyalakshmi Scheme Karnataka
- First of all, visit the official website of the Bhagyalakshmi Scheme or visit the Gram Panchayat office/ Anganwadi Center/ NGOs/Authorised Banks/Municipal Corporations.
- Download the application form or you can take it physically from the office.
- Now fill in all the details asked in the application form such as applicant details, parents’ details, income details, etc.
- Upload the documents if you are applying online and if you are applying offline for the scheme then attach documents with the form.
- Atlast submit the form to the concerned authority i.e. district’s Deputy Director of Women and Child Development or the Child Development Project Officer.
Steps To Check Bhagyalakshmi Scheme Status Online?
- First of all, visit the official website of the Bhagyalaksmi Scheme.
- On the home page, go to Query Search and click on Multi Search from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the asked details and click on check status.
- Now your application status will be on your screen.
Read More Articles On Our Website
NOTE:- Stay connected to our website, Yojanasarkari for information about any scheme related to the central government and State Governments.