Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme | How to apply for PMEGP | Eligibility Criteria For PMEGP |
PM Employment Generation Programme launched in 2008 by the Government of India is a credit-linked subsidy program. The scheme is a merger of two schemes namely Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Yojana and Rural Employment Generation Program. The main focus of this program is to help unemployed youth and traditional artisans and create self-employment opportunities from micro-enterprise establishments in the non-agricultural sector.
Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme
The Prime Minister Employment Generation Program (PMEGP) is administered by the Ministry of MSME. The PMEGP scheme at the national level is being implemented by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC). The scheme is being implemented at the state level through State Khadi and Village Industries Commission Directorate, State Khadi and Village Industries Board, and District Industries Center and Banks.
Nature of Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme
The maximum cost of the project/unit admissible in the manufacturing sector is ₹ 25 lakhs and in the business/service sector, it is ₹ 10 lakhs.
Categories of Beneficiary’s Rate of subsidy under PMEGP (of project cost)
Area (location of project/unit) General category 15%(Urban), 25%(Rural), Special 25%(Urban), 35%(Rural)
(including SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minorities/Women, Ex-servicemen, Physically handicapped, NER, Hill and Border areas, etc.)
The balance amount of the total project cost will be provided by the banks in the form of term loans and working capital.
Aim of Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme
- This scheme aims to create sustainable and sustained self-employment opportunities in urban and rural areas of the country.
- Sustainable and sustained employment is provided to a large section of rural and urban unemployed youth, traditional and prospective artisans through the establishment of micro and enterprise
- Facilitate participation in the micro sector for the high credit flow of the financial institution.
Eligibility Criteria For Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme
- The applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- For projects worth Rs 5 lakh in the service sector and Rs 10 lakh in the manufacturing sector, it is necessary to pass the eighth grade.
- Institutes registered under the Societies Registration Act – 1860
- Production-based cooperatives
- Self-help groups and charitable trusts.
- Existing units (under PMRY, REGP, or any other scheme of Government of India or State Government) and units that have already received Government grant under Government of India or any other scheme of State Government are not eligible.
Subsidy of Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme
|Categories of beneficiaries under PMEGP||Beneficiary’s own contribution (of project cost)||Rate of Subsidy|
|Special Category (including SC/ST/OBC /Minorities/ Women, Ex-Servicemen, Physically handicapped, NER, Hill, and Border areas, etc)||5%||35%||25%|
Procedure For Applying At Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme
Under PMEGP, The Directors of the State / Board of KVIB, together with the Directors of Industries (for DIC) of KVIB and the respective States will advertise locally through print and electronic media.
- First, go to the Official Website
- The homepage will open in front of you.
- Click on the link of “Prime Minister Employment Generation” or “PMEGP ePortal” on that homepage.
- The application form will open on your screen.
- Fill the form like the solution given below-:
|S.No||Details to be filled|
|1||Name of Applicant – As per Aadhar Card|
|2||Aadhaar Number -12 digit Aadhaar number of the applicant|
|3||State and District|
|4||Gender(Male/Female) and Date of Birth (DD-MM-YYYY)|
|5||Select whether Social Category (General Category) / Special Category|
|6||Educational Qualification : ( 8th Pass, Under 8th, 10th Pass, 12th Pass, Graduate, Post Graduate, Ph.D., Diploma)|
|8||Sponsoring Agency – Agency where the application is to be submitted|
|9||Unit Location: Select Unit Location (i.e. Rural OR Urban)|
|10||Proposed Unit Address: The Applicant should fill the complete Unit address of the unit including Taluka, District, Pin Code|
|11||Address for Communication: The Applicant should fill the complete postal address of the applicant including State, District, Pin Code, Mobile No., Email and PAN No.|
|12||Type of Activity: Select from the activity list (i.e. Service or Manufacturing)|
|13||Name of the Activity :|
|1. Industry: Select Industry from the List of Industry|
|2. Product Description: Type the specific product description.|
|14||Whether EDP Training Undergone: Select Yes Or No from the List|
|15||Training Institute’s Name: If EDP Training Undergone YES, enter Training Institute Name in detail.|
|16||Loan Required :|
|1. Capital Expenditure: Enter CE loan in rupees.|
|2. Working Capital: Enter WC loan in rupees.|
|3. Total Loan: The total loan will be calculated by the system automatically.|
|17||Bank Details: Enter IFSC code|
|18||After entering the required information, click on “Save Applicant Data”|
|19||Upload the documents for final submission|
|20||After final submission, applicant ID and Password will be sent to the Registered Mobile No|
Contact Details Of Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme
|State Director, KVIC
Address available at Official Website
Dy. CEO (PMEGP), KVIC, Mumbai
For more details, you can download the PMEGP PDF