Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Scheme | Post-Matric Disabilities Scholarship Scheme
Post-Matric Disabilities Scholarship 2020-21 is launched by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India. This invites applications from the physically challenged students from Class 11 to the postgraduate level. The key objective of the scheme is to support the students with disabilities to study further to earn their livelihoods and find a dignified place for themselves in society. 50% of total scholarships are reserved for female candidates.
|Name of the Scholarship Name||Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2020-21|
|Scholarship issuing Agency||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities|
|Scheme Closing Date||31-12-2020|
|Last date for defective verification and institute verification||15-01-2021|
Students with Disabilities Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must be a resident of India / Domicile of India.
- Students with a minimum of 40% of disability are eligible for the scholarship.
- The student should have the Valid disability Certificate prescribed by the competent authority.
- The students should be regular students studying on a full-time basis.
- Students should be pursuing post-secondary (class 11 to postgraduate level) courses in recognized institutions.
- Annual Family income is not more than INR 2.50 Lakhs from all the sources.
- Students should have passed matriculation or higher secondary or any higher exam of a recognized Board of Secondary Education or University.
Disabilities Terms and Condition
- Maximum two children of the same parents are eligible to avail benefits under this scholarship.
- If the second child is twin, the scholarship can be availed by both children.
- A student should not be availing benefits under any other scholarship scheme.
- If a student fails and repeats the same class, a scholarship to study in that class will not be given any further.
- Employed students whose income does not exceed that of the scholarship amount can apply for this scholarship.
- Students pursuing their courses by correspondence are eligible.
Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Objectives
The key objective of this scheme is to support the students with disabilities to study further to earn their livelihoods and find a dignified place for themselves in society.
Document Required for Post Matric Scholarship
- Domicile Certificate
- Aadhar Card/Copy of Aadhar Enrollment
- Income certificate issued by a competent authority in the State/UT Government
- Self-certified community certificate (by the student – if the age is 18 or above, by parent/guardian- if the student is minor)
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheet
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother/father
- Passport Size Photo
- Verification Form to be provided by the Institution
- Fee Receipt of ‘Current Course Year’.
- If the Institute is located in a State/UT different from the domicile State/UT of the applicant then bonafide student certificate from Institute.
Benefits of Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
The amount of Pre-Matric scholarship includes the following for the complete duration of the course –
● Maintenance Allowance
● Book grant
● Disability Allowance
Maintenance allowance for 12 months in an academic year –
|Pursuing Courses on the Degree Level (B. Com, B. A or B. Sc, M.Sc., M.A., etc)||Rs 1600 per month||Rs 750 per month|
|For Pursuing Professional Courses – Hotel Management, Tourism Management, Interior Designing Management, LLB, B. Pharmacy, BFS, Dietetics, Commercial Art, Mass Communication, Rehabilitation Diagnostics, Financial Services (Banking, Taxation, and Insurance)||Rs 1100 per month||Rs 700 per month|
|For other courses leading to a graduate degree||Rs 950 per month||
Rs 650 per month
|For the Post Matric Non- Degree courses||Rs 900 per month||Rs 550 per month|
Book Allowance will be given as Rs 1500 per month.
|Visually impaired||Rs. 4000 per annum|
|Hearing-impaired||Rs. 2000 per annum|
|Physically disabled||Rs. 2000 per annum|
|Intellectual disability||Rs. 4000 per annum|
|All other types of disability||Rs. 2000 per annum|
Post Matric Scholarship Selection Criteria
The following factors will be taken into consideration for selecting the scholars –
- Fulfillment of eligibility conditions
- Number of slots available to the State
- Recommendation of the State Education Department
- Academic merit of the candidate in the qualifying examination
Note: In the case of tie-in marks obtained by the students, the selection will be based on the percentage of disability. Furthermore, if a tie still prevails, the age will be taken into consideration and the older candidate will get the preference.
Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Apply Process
- Firstly, Visit the home page of the National Scholarship portal. Direct Link – Official Website
- Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
- Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Provide the bank details like Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number.
- Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- An application ID and password will be generated.
- Use that for future references.
Note – हमारी इस वेबसाइट का उद्देश्य आप तक सरकार द्वारा चलाई जा रही सभी योजनाओ की जानकारी पहुँचाना है। अगर आपको ये जानकारी सही लगे तो दूसरो के साथ भी साँझा कीजिये। कोई त्रुटि हो तो हमे जरूर बताए।