prime minister scholarship scheme 2023 | pmss scholarship login | pmss scholarship eligibility | pmss scholarship amount | pmss scholarship 2023 last date | pmss renewal
The Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS), was launched by the Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. It is a scholarship program that intends to support further professional and technical education for dependant kids and widows of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) and State Police Personnel. The Government of India launched the PM Scholarship Programme in 2006–07. Numerous students have benefited from this program in the easy pursuit of their academic career dreams. This post details the PM scholarship program’s perks, requirements, document list, and application procedure.
Under the National Defence Fund, the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme was established to encourage these outstanding applicants to pursue further technical and professional education. This program has been expanded to include the dependant children of State Police officers who are martyrs in terrorist or Naxal attacks. Each academic year, a total of 2,000 scholarships are awarded to the dependents of CAPF and AR soldiers. Boys and girls will each get 1,000 scholarships. To learn about the eligibility criteria, order of preference, suitable courses, documentation requirements, and other information, applicants are urged to read the entire article.
|Article About||PM Scholarship Scheme|
|Provider||Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India|
|Eligibility||Dependent ward/widow of deceased CAPFs & AR/Ex-CAPFs & AR/retired and serving CAPFs & AR/State Police Personnel|
PM Scholarship Benefits
While 2,000 qualified applicants in total get benefits under this program each year, the proportion of girls obtaining this scholarship is equal to that of boys. But the monthly stipend for girls is INR 3,000, while the monthly scholarship for boys is INR 2,500, both paid yearly. Furthermore, the scholarship’s term may range from one year to five years, depending on the length of the course. Additionally, 500 additional scholarships (250 for boys and 250 for girls) will be provided to the children of State Police personnel who were martyred during Naxal/Terror attacks from 2019–20 onwards.
- Girls: ₹3,000 per month
- Each girl receives an amount of ₹36,000 annually
- Boys: ₹2,500 per month
- Each boy receives an amount of ₹30,000 annually
All Eligible Courses List
- BTech (4 years)
- BE (4 years)
- BArch (4 to 5 years)
- MBBS (4.5 years)
- BDS (5 years)
- BAMS (4.5 years)
- BHMS (4.5 years)
- BSMS (4.5 years)
- BUMS (5 years)
- BSc, BPT (4 years)
- BSc MLT (Medical Lab Technology) (4 years)
- BVSc & AH (5 years)
- B.Pharma. (4 years)
- BSc Nursing (4 years)
- BNYS (5 years)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (4 years)
- BSc Optometry (3 years)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (4.5 years)
- MBA (2 years)
- BBA (3 years)
- BBM (3 years)
- BCA (3 years)
- MCA (3 years)
- BPlan (4 years)
- BSc Agriculture (4 years)
- BFSc/B.Fisheries (4 years)
- BSc Horticulture (4 years)
- Coy Secretary (4 years)
- BSc Bio-Tech (3 years)
- B.Ed. (1 year)
- BMC (3 years)
- Hotel Management Degree (4 years)
- BPEd (1 year)
- BASLP (4 years)
- BFT (3 years)
- BSc Microbiology (3 years)
- BSc HHA (3 years)
- LLB (2 to 3 years)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (3 to 5 years)
- BFA (4 years)
- BFD (3 years)
- BA LLB (5 years)
Order of Preferences
The shortlist of qualified candidates for the new category will be determined by the order of preference and percentage of marks they received for their Minimum Entry Qualification (MEQ).
For CAPFs/AR Personnel
|Categories||Order of Preferences|
|Category A||Wards/Widows of CAPFs & AR Personnel Killed in Action|
|Category B||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR Personnel Disabled in Action|
|Category C||Wards/Widows of Deceased CAPFs & AR Personnel Who died for Causes Attributable to Government Service, Including Casualties during the Conduct of Election|
|Category D||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR Personnel Disabled While in Service with Disability Attributable to Government Service|
|Category E||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR Personnel in Receipt of Gallantry Awards|
|Category F||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR Personnel (PBOR)|
|Category G||Wards of Serving CAPFs & AR Personnel (PBOR), Subject to the Availability of Scholarships|
- The children of deceased personnel from the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) and Assam Rifles (AR) will be considered for scholarships under Categories “A” to “F” in accordance with their priority.
- The children of Assistant Commandants within CAPFs and AR, who do not receive the pay benefits of an Assistant Commandant and are paid at the Inspector’s level, are eligible for scholarships under Categories “F” and “G”.
- Applicants, regardless of their marital status, are eligible to apply for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS).
- Qualified Applicants:
- Candidates should be the wards/widows of disabled or martyred CAPFs & AR personnel while in service or during election duty.
- Children of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards are also eligible to apply.
- Serving and Retired Personnel:
- Retired and serving CAPFs & AR personnel Wards/widows are also eligible. Specifically, below officer rank.
- Eligible Fields of Study:
- Candidate must be studying first professional degree programs in the following fields:
- B. Tech
- B. Pharma
- LLB including others
- Student candidates undergoing a second professional degree course are not eligible for the scholarships such as MBA after BBA, M. Tech after B. Tech, etc.
- Academic Performance:
- Candidates must have secured a 60% mark minimum in their Minimum Entry Qualification (MEQ), which corresponds to Class 12/Diploma/Graduation or equivalent for new applicants.
- Applicants must secure a minimum of 50% marks in their professional course, passing each subsequent academic year, for scholarship renewal.
- Grace Period:
- Only situations where the candidate is delayed in completing their application for the renewal of the scholarship will be given a one-year grace period.
- In the case of applicants who have passed their Class 12 examinations through the CBSE, the percentage of marks in the MEQ is determined by using the scores earned in the top five topics out of a possible 500.
- PMSS scholarships are exclusively available for first-year professional degree programs. It applies to B.Ed but not to combined courses like BA + B.Ed.
- The scholarship will be given for the first three or four years, depending on the integrated ME/M.Tech/M.Pharma program, if applicable.
- Service Certificate:
- Issued by the Head of Office (H.O.O) for serving personnel
- Scanned Copy of Mark Sheet (MEQ):
- Mandatory Class 12/Diploma/Graduation or Equivalent
- Additional Certificates Required Based on Categories:
- PPO/Discharge Certificate/Book (Mandatory for Category A to F)
- Disability Certificate (Mandatory for Category B & D)
- Death Certificate (Mandatory for Category A & C)
- Certificate of Gallantry Award (Mandatory for Category E)
- Renewal of Application:
- Service Certificate: Issued by the Head of Office (H.O.O) for serving personnel in Category 4.
PMSS Online Application Process
- New Users Registration:
- First, visit the Official Website of NSP.
- Here, click on the ‘New Registration’ option under ‘Applicant Corner’.
- Now a page will open on your screen.
- Here, provide all the required information.
- Then click on ‘Register’.
- After successful registration, an ID and password will be generated, and these details will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- NSP Login:
- After successful registration, log in using the generated ID and password.
- An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Use this OTP to change the password.
- Accessing the Application Form:
- After the password is updated, candidates will be sent to the ‘Applicant’s Dashboard’ Page.
- Here, click on ‘Application form’ to initiate the application process.
- Providing Details:
- On this form, provide all the necessary information, including basic registration details, academic and contact details including scheme details.
- Upload Document:
- Upload all required supporting documents.
- Saving as Draft:
- After that, save the filled-in application form as a draft.
- Here, applicants can review every detail and ensure accuracy before final submission.
- Final Submission:
- Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the scholarship application process.
- To learn detailed information about the application procedure, payment method, and other information=> Download the detailed Official Notification.