India Samudrayaan Mission 2023, Launch Date, Budget: India’s first manned ocean mission, was approved by MoES in 2021 and the launch is scheduled for 2026. Under this mission, 3 men will go deep into the seas to study marine resources and conduct biodiversity assessments. Today in this article we will provide complete details about the India Samudrayaan Program, such as launch date, Submarine name, mission budget, etc. To know more read the article till the end.
India Samudrayaan Mission 2023
|Government Of India
|Scheduled To Launch Date
|Ministry Of Earth Science (MoES)
|To Explore And Study Deep Sea
Submersible MATSYA 6000
The National Institute of Ocean Technology in Chennai has developed the ‘Matsya 6000’, a remarkable achievement in engineering and innovation. This state-of-the-art submarine is designed to enable human exploration into the depths of the ocean. With the capacity to carry a team of three fearless adventurers, the ‘Matsya 6000’ demonstrates India’s commitment to pushing the boundaries of what is possible in ocean exploration.
The objectives of Samudrayaan mission are:
Key Points & Benefits Of The Samudrayan Program
- First Manned Ocean Mission: The Samudrayaan mission is India’s inaugural manned mission to explore the deep ocean.
- Exploration: The primary objectives of the mission include exploring the deep ocean for resources and developing advanced deep-sea technologies.
- Support for Blue Economy: Samudrayaan aligns with the Indian government’s ‘Blue Economy Initiatives,’ aiming to promote responsible ocean resource utilization for clean energy, drinking water, and economic growth.
- Maritime Security: The mission also serves India’s maritime security interests in the Indian Ocean Region, enhancing the nation’s capabilities in this crucial area.
- Human Exploration: The mission will involve sending three humans into the deep ocean using a submersible, with the target depth being 6 kilometres.
- Budget: The estimated cost of the mission is Rs. 4,077 crores, to be spread over a five-year period.
- Launch Date: The National Institute of Ocean Technology launched the mission on October 29, 2021, marking the beginning of this ambitious endeavour.
- Phased Implementation: Due to the complexity and goal of mission goals, the Samudrayaan Program will be implemented in multiple phases.
India Samudrayaan Mission Launched Date
Name Of Submarine In The Samudrayaan Mission
The name of the submarine in the Samudrayaan mission is Matsya 6000. The National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) in Chennai developing this vehicle. The submarine is designed to withstand the pressure and harsh conditions of the deep sea. It can work for 12 hours under normal conditions and 96 hours in an emergency.
NOTE:- Stay connected to our website Yojanasarkari for information about any scheme related to the central government and state government.