Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme | Scholarship Merit Cum Means Application Form | Merit Cum Means Scheme Apply online
Merit Cum Means Scheme for Minorities 2020-21 is launched by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. This Scheme invites applications from minority community students who are pursuing technical or professional courses at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. This Schemes for the Students belonging to Minority Communities such as Muslim, Sikh, Christians, Buddhist, Parsis & Jain. The scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities and encourage them to pursue professional and technical courses.
Important Dates for Scheme
|Start date||16th August 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||31st December 2020|
|Last date for defective verification and institute verification||15th January 2021|
Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- The students must get admission on the basis of the competitive entrance examination or must have scored at least 50% in class 12 or graduation (in case of direct admission).
- Students should pursue a technical or professional course at the undergraduate or postgraduate level from a recognized institution.
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in the previous final examination.
- Annual Family income should be less than 2.5 lakh.
- Student Must belong to the minority community (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Zoroastrians/Parsis)
- Students obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- The applicant should be pursuing studies in India in a Government or recognized Private University/Institute/College/School.
Objectives of The Scholarship Scheme
- It will encourage students of minority communities to pursue professional and technical courses.
- It will lighten their financial burden on parents for professional and technical courses for their children.
- With the help of this scheme, it will sustain the efforts of parents to support their children to complete professional and technical courses.
- The scheme will increase their rate of attainment in professional and technical courses.
- It will increase the Employment rate through professional and technical courses.
Documents Required for The Scholarship Scheme
- Domicile Certificate
- Aadhar Card/Copy of Aadhar Enrollment
- Income certificate issued by a competent authority in the State/UT Government
- Self-certified community certificate (by the student – if the age is 18 or above, by parent/guardian- if a student is minor)
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheet
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother/father
- Passport Size Photo
- Verification Form to be provided by the Institution
- Fee Receipt of ‘Current Course Year’.
- If the Institute is located in a State/UT different from the domicile State/UT of the applicant then bonafide student certificate from Institute.
Benefits of The Scheme
|Course fee||Rs 20,000 per annum subject to actuals whichever is less (for both Hostellers & Day Scholars)|
|Maintenance allowance||Rs 1,000 per month for Hostellers and INR 500 per month for Day Scholars (For 10 months in an academic year)|
|Scholarship for listed institutes||Full course fee reimbursed for 85 listed institutes|
Earmarked for girl students in Scheme
30% of scholarships will be earmarked for girl students. In case sufficient numbers of eligible girl students are not available, then the balance earmarked scholarships may be awarded to eligible boy students.
Terms and conditions for Scheme
- The full course fee will be reimbursed for 85 listed candidates.
- The candidate should secure 50% marks in the previous year’s examination.
- The scholarship will not be given to more than two students of a family.
- Having regular attendance is required.
- The course being pursued should be of minimum one-year duration.
Scholarship Scheme Selection Criteria
- The number of scholarships has been fixed State/UT-wise on the basis of Community-wise minority population of the States/UTs as per Census 2001 (2017-18) & 2011 (2018-20).
- Within the State-wise allocations, the applications from Listed Institutions will be exhausted first in the merit list. In case the number of such students is more than the State/Community-wise quota, normal merit list criteria shall be followed.
- Other verified applicants/students will be selected in the merit list, thereafter, on a merit basis i.e. Percentage/marks of the last academic course/board (higher secondary / graduation) exam.
- In the case of similar marks, income will be taken as the deciding factor.
Scholarship Scheme Renewal Criteria
The scholar will be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship if obtained 50% in the previous year’s examinations (or in each semester/trimester of the previous year’s) in the same course and at the same institute. Weightage will be given to poverty rather than marks.
The Scholarship Scheme Duration
- The scholarships will be provided for the entire course.
- Maintenance allowance will be given for 10 months only in an academic year.
- The maintenance allowance will be given as a fixed lump sum amount for an academic year (Rs. 10,000/- for Hosteller and Rs. 5,000/- for Day Scholar).
Scholarship Scheme Apply Process
- Firstly, Visit the home page of the National Scholarship portal. Direct Link – Official Website
- Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
- Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Provide the bank details like Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number.
- Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- An application ID and password will be generated.
- Use that for future references.
Funding Pattern of Merit Cum Means Scheme
The scheme is the Central Sector Scheme and 100% of funding is provided by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
List of courses under Means Scholarship Scheme
There are various courses that are offered by the Ministry of Affairs for Scholarship. You can see the full list of courses by clicking on the Link given below- List of course offered by the Ministry of Affairs List of Institutions Eligible for Full fee reimbursement