Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme Apply Online: For the Gig workers the Karnataka government has started a free accidental and life insurance cover worth Rs 4 lakh. This scheme is for both full-time and part-time delivery workers. Today in this article we are going to discuss everything about the scheme like its documents, objectives, benefits, important highlights, the application process, etc. So to know more stay connected with us.
Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme
On 7th July, the chief minister of Karnataka Mr K. Siddaramaiah has announced the Gig Workers Scheme. Under this scheme, the state government will provide accidental and life insurance to the delivery work of e-commerce companies. The state government will provide 2 lakhs of life insurance and 2 lakhs of accidental insurance per year for a total of Rs 4 lakhs. The premium of the insurance will be bear by the state government, workers do not have to pay any amount. Both Full-time or part-time delivery personnel for Swiggy, Zomato, Amazon etc will get the benefits of the scheme.
|Name||Gig Workers Insurance Scheme|
|Announced By||Chief Minister Siddaramaiah|
|Announced On||7th July 2023|
|Beneficiary||Delivery Man of E-Commerce Company|
|Insurance Amount for Accident||2 lakh Rupees per Year|
|Life Insurance Amount||2 Lakh Rupees per Year|
|Total Insurance Amount||4 Lakh Rupees per Year|
|Official Website||Not Started Yet|
|Official Website Of Karnataka Government||Click Here|
Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme Objectives
The objective of Karnataka free accidental and life insurance are:
- To provide insurance to the delivery man of an E-Commerce company.
- The insurance cover comprises of life insurance and accidental insurance of Rs 2 lakh each.
Key Points & Benefits Of Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme
- On 7th July 2023, the Karnataka government announced Gig Workers Insurance Scheme.
- Under the gig worker insurance scheme, the state government will bear the premium of the insurance. You do not have to pay any amount.
- The insurance covers Rs. 2 lahks for life insurance and Rs. 2 lakh for accident insurance.
- Both full-time and part-time delivery workers can avail the benefits of the scheme.
- You should be a resident of Karnataka.
- Only delivery Man of E-Commerce Companies i.e., Zomato, Swiggy, Flipkart, Snapdeal, and so on are eligible to avail the benefits of this scheme.
Documents Required For Gig Workers Insurance Scheme
- Passport Size Photograph
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Mobile Number
- Death Certificate (If Applicable)
- Doctor Prescription (In case of Accident)
- E-Commerce Company ID
- Bank Account Details
How To Apply For Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme?
The Karnataka government has recently announced this scheme, so it is still in the implementation phase. The state government has not started any portal or website for this where you can apply. To apply for Gig Workers Insurance Scheme, you have to wait a few months. As soon as the Karnataka government provide any update regarding the scheme we will update you so be with us.
Other Karnataka Government Scheme
- Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme
- Karnataka Suvidha Portal
- Karnataka Ganga Kalyan Scheme For Farmers
- Kaushalaya Skill Training Scheme
NOTE:- Stay connected to our website Yojanasarkari for information about any scheme related to Central Government and State Government.