Mukhyamantri Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan:-
Assam has launched the “Lakhpati Baideo” initiative for 40 lakh women entrepreneurs. The plan aims to help 40 lakh women earn an annual income of ₹1 lakh by giving them with ₹35,000. This system is also known as the “Lakhpati Baideo Scheme”. For more information on the Mukhya Mantri Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan Assam, read this article till the end.
Mukhyamantri Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan 2024
The Assam government introduced the “Lakhpati Baideo” scheme on Thursday, which would enable 40 lakh members of self-help groups (SHGs) to become micro-entrepreneurs in rural regions. The Chief Minister launched a plan to provide women workers with an annual pay of ₹1 lakh.
|Assam Mukhya Mantri Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan
|40 lakh Women
|Financial Help Provided
|State Official Website
ASSAM’S BIGGEST EVER SCHEME FOR WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS 🙌
To fulfill Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri @narendramodi ji's vision of building 2 crore Lakhpati Didis, today we’ve proudly unveiled a new effort to offer ₹35,000 financial assistance to 40 lakh women.#NariShakti 👷🏽♀️👩🏽💻👩🏾🏫👩🏽🍳 pic.twitter.com/zjVE37pnY1
— Himanta Biswa Sarma (@himantabiswa) January 11, 2024
The Assam Chief Minister announced the launch of the Lakhpati Baideo scheme. This ambitious project aims to empower women workers with an annual salary of ₹1 lakh. It would offer ₹35,000 in cash assistance to 40 lakh women. The government joyfully introduced the new project, which would benefit 40 lakh women, and aspires to accomplish the Prime Minister’s objective of creating two crore ‘Lakhpati didis’.
Features & Benefits of Lakhpati Baideo Scheme
- The ‘Mukhya Mantri Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan’, projected to cost ₹4,000 crore, would reward each SHG worker with ₹10,000 in the first year and ₹12,500 from the government.
- An extra ₹ 12,500 bank loan (total of 25,000) will be issued over the next two years.
- To get the funds, the recipients must submit a business plan.
- Furthermore, the welfare plan would be part of Assam’s population control efforts.
- All assistance systems will be tied to population control strategies that benefit mothers and sisters.
Lakhpati Baideo Scheme Implementation Process
To qualify for the award, beneficiaries must submit a comprehensive business plan that has been approved by the government. The government has highlighted the scheme’s perks, which include an initial payout of Rs 10,000 to each qualifying member during the first year of the project. Following that, recipients would get Rs 25,000 over the next two years, with Rs 12,500 coming from the government and the balance coming from a bank.
- Before participating in the program, ladies must satisfy three prerequisites.
- Beneficiaries from the scheduled castes and tribes should not have more than four children. While those in the general and OBC groups should have no more than three children.
- The girl child’s SHG member must enroll her in school, and if she is too young, she must sign a commitment to do so.
- The third criterion is that beneficiaries of the Amrit Brikshya Andolan own trees that are still standing.
Mukhya Mantri Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan Application Process
To apply for the scheme, follow the steps given below:-
- The administration has not specified any online applications yet.
- Application forms will be available offline at the local Panchayat office.
- The forms will be free of cost, and they will only be accessible on particular dates.
- No photo state of the form will be acceptable.
- Fill in all the information to be filled out on the application form.
- Attach the required documents with the application form.
- Now, submit the application form and the attached papers to the concerned department at the panchayat office.