EWS certificate in Karnataka Application Form 2022 | Benefits | Eligibility Criteria | Documents Required | Objectives
The Government of Karnataka has now implemented gold reservations in the state as well. Due to its implementation, people who fall in the general category and are financially weak will get the benefit of a 10% reservation. Most of the people of the EWS community do not have any permanent source of income so, through this, the poor and economically weaker people in the state government jobs and educational institutions will get benefits. It is an essential document for general category BPL families.
So today in this article we are going to discuss everything about the EWS certificate in Karnataka like its important highlights, objectives, eligibility criteria, required documents, benefits, the application process, application form, etc. So to know more about the Karnataka EWS Certificate stay connected with us till the end.
EWS certificate in Karnataka
EWS Certificate has been introduced by the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi. EWS stands for Economically Weaker Sections. The persons belonging to EWSs who, are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs shall get 10% reservation in direct recruitment in civil posts and services in the Government and admission in educational institutions. It is an important document issued by the Revenue Department.
People who all belong to economically weaker sections of society can avail themselves of an EWS certificate. Basically Economically Backward Class is a subcategory of people belonging to the general category having an annual family income less than Rs. 8 lakh, who do not belong to any other category like ST, SC, OBC. Those with Scheduled Castes (SC / ST and OBC) cannot avail the benefit of EWS. Because they already get reservations.
|Karnataka EWS Certificate Highlights|
|About||EWS certificate in Karnataka|
|Launched by||Government of Karnataka|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of the state|
|Official Website||Click Here|
EWS certificate in Karnataka Benefits
Benefits availed from this certificate are as follows:-
- General caste people can use EWS Certificate to avail 10% reservation.
- Through this, the poor and economically weaker people in the state government jobs and educational institutions will get benefits.
- The persons belonging to EWSs who, are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs shall get 10% reservation in direct recruitment in civil posts and services in the Government and admission in educational institutions.
- Students belonging to the general category BPL family can get a special type of exemption for education.
EWS certificate in Karnataka Objectives
The main objectives of the certificate are as follows:-
- The main objective of the scheme is that the beneficiary will get the opportunity to get a government job with an EWS certificate.
- Unemployment will reduce in the country and the standard of living of the poor families falling in the general sections of the country will improve.
- Low and financially troubled citizens will be provided assistance under the EWS certificate.
Documents Required for EWS certificate in Karnataka
Applicants need to have the following documents in order to apply for Karnataka EWS Certificate:-
- Aadhar Card
- Pan card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Address proof
- Employment Certificates
- Identity Card
- Active mobile number
- Passport size photograph
The EWS Certificate is applicable for 1 year from the date of the issue.
Applicants need to pass the following eligibility criteria for enrollment:-
- A Resident of Karnataka.
- Applicant from general category.
- Those beneficiaries can apply for EWS Certificate whose annual income is up to eight lakh or less, if the annual income of a person is more than 8,00,000, they cannot avail the benefit of this scheme.
- People residing in cities should have less than 200 square yards of residential land.
- The people living in the village should have less than 5 acres of residential land, the same people can take advantage of the EWS Certificate.
- Outside the cities, a person must have less than 200 square yards of habitable land.
- Homes should be less than 10 square feet in hilly and rural areas.
Applicants need to follow the following steps in order to enroll for Karnataka EWS Certificate:-
- Firstly applicants need to download the EWS Certificate Application Form. You can click on the link given below to download the form.
- After downloading the form, you will have to fill in the information asked in the form clearly and then attach all the required documents.
- After adding the document, you have to submit it to the Tehsil of your area or to the District Magistrate / Additional District Officer / Collector / Additional ‘Deputy Commissioner / Tehsildar / Sub-Department Officer.
- After this your application form will be checked by the concerned authorities then your EWS certificate will be issued.
- Thus by following steps you can easily apply for a Karnataka EWS certificate.
Do read our other articles on our website:-Click Here
What is EWS Certificate?
- EWS stands for Economically Weaker Sections. The persons belonging to EWSs who, are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs shall get a 10% reservation.
What is the validity of the EWS Certificate?
- It is valid for 1 year, after that you need to renew it.
Note:- How did you like the information provided by us, please let us know in the comment section. For more details of any other scheme stay connected with us on https://yojanasarkari.in/. Thank you