ews certificate maharashtra pdf | ews certificate maharashtra documents required | ews certificate maharashtra income limit | ews certificate maharashtra criteria | ews certificate maharashtra in marathi
The Government of Maharashtra has now implemented gold reservations in the state as well. Due to its implementation, people who fall in the general category and are financially weak will get the benefit of a 10% reservation. Most of the people of the EWS community do not have any permanent source of income so, through this, the poor and economically weaker people in the state government jobs and educational institutions will get benefits.
So today in this article we are going to discuss everything about EWS Certificate Maharashtra like its important highlights, objectives, eligibility criteria, required documents, benefits, the application process, application form, etc. So to know more about the EWS Certificate Maharashtra stay connected with us till the end.
EWS Certificate Maharashtra 2023
The “Economically Weaker Section” bill was passed by the central government to provide reservation to the poor backward class of general caste across the country. Which was implemented in the country after getting the assent of the President on 12 January 2019. EWS Certificate (EWS) is also known by many people as Income and Asset Certificate.
- EWS stands for Economically Weaker Sections. The persons belonging to EWSs who, are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs shall get 10% reservation in direct recruitment in civil posts and services in the Government and admission in educational institutions. It is an important document issued by the Revenue Department.
- People who all belong to economically weaker sections of society can avail themselves of an EWS certificate. Basically Economically Backward Class is a subcategory of people belonging to the general category having an annual family income less than Rs. 8 lakh, who do not belong to any other category like ST, SC, OBC.
|About||EWS Certificate Maharashtra|
|Launched by||Government of Maharashtra|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of the state|
|Official Website||Click Here|
EWS Certificate Maharashtra objective
The main objectives of the EWS certificate maharashtra are as follows:-
- The main objective of the scheme is that the beneficiary will get the opportunity to get a government job with an EWS certificate.
- Unemployment will reduce in the country and the standard of living of the poor families falling in the general sections of the country will improve.
- Low and financially troubled citizens will be provided assistance under the EWS certificate.
EWS Certificate Maharashtra Benefits
Benefits availed from this certificate are as follows:-
- General caste people can use EWS Certificate to avail 10% reservation.
- Through this, the poor and economically weaker people in the state government jobs and educational institutions will get benefits.
- The persons belonging to EWSs who, are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs shall get 10% reservation in direct recruitment in civil posts and services in the Government and admission in educational institutions.
- The economic conditions of the poor people will be strengthened.
Documents required for ews certificate in maharashtra
Applicants need to have the following documents in order to apply for EWS Certificate Maharashtra:-
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Property Documents
- Domicile Certificate
- Active Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photo
Who is eligible for EWS certificate?
Applicants need to pass the following eligibility criteria for enrollment:-
- The applicant should be a resident of Maharashtra.
- Applicants should fall under the general category, also it will not be generated for a person who comes under SC, ST, and OBC caste.
- The annual income of the beneficiary family should not exceed Rs.8 lakh.
- The individual’s family should not have a residential flat of more than 1000 square feet.
- There should not be 5 acres of agricultural land in the name of the applicant or the family.
- The family should not have a residential plot of more than 100 square yards in urban areas and 1000 square yards in rural areas.
The EWS Certificate is applicable for 1 year from the date of the issue.
How to get EWS Certificate Maharashtra?
The people of upper caste are provided reservations in government schemes, government services, scholarships, other services schemes through EWS Certificate. Interested applicants need to follow the following steps in order to enroll for Maharashtra EWS Certificate:-
- Firstly applicants need to download the EWS Certificate Application Form. You can click on the link given below to download the form or visit the nearest tehsildar office and get the application form for Maharashtra EWS certificate
- After downloading the form, you will have to fill in the information asked in the form clearly and then attach all the required documents.
- After adding the document, you have to submit it to your regional revenue department office or tehsil.
- After this your application form will be checked by the concerned authorities then your EWS certificate will be issued.
- Thus by following steps you can easily apply for a Karnataka EWS certificate.
Do read our other articles on our website:-Click Here
What is EWS Certificate?
EWS stands for Economically Weaker Sections. The persons belonging to EWSs who, are not covered under the scheme of reservation fo r SCs, STs, and OBCs shall get a 10% reservation.
What is the validity of the EWS Certificate?
It is valid for 1 year, after that you need to renew it.
Can I apply online for EWS certificate in Maharashtra?
One can apply both online and offline to generate EWS certificate. For the application of EWS certificate, you need to attach income proof and domicile certificate along with the application form. You can also apply by visiting the office of Revenue Department.