EWS Certificate Kerala | ഇഡബ്ല്യുഎസ് റിസർവേഷൻ സർട്ടിഫിക്കറ്റ് | Application Form 2021 | Benefits
The Government of Kerala has now implemented gold reservations in the state as well. Due to its implementation, people who fall in the general category and are financially weak will get the benefit of a 10% reservation. Most of the people of the EWS community do not have any permanent source of income so, through this, the poor and economically weaker people in the state government jobs and educational institutions will get benefits.
So today in this article we are going to discuss everything about EWS Certificate Kerala like its important highlights, objectives, eligibility criteria, required documents, benefits, the application process, application form, etc. So to know more about the EWS Certificate Kerala stay connected with us till the end.
EWS Certificate Kerala
The “Economically Weaker Section” bill was passed by the central government to provide reservation to the poor backward class of general caste across the country. Which was implemented in the country after getting the assent of the President on 12 January 2019. EWS Certificate (EWS) is also known by many people as Income and Asset Certificate.
- EWS stands for Economically Weaker Sections. The persons belonging to EWSs who, are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs shall get 10% reservation in direct recruitment in civil posts and services in the Government and admission in educational institutions. It is an important document issued by the Revenue Department.
- People who all belong to economically weaker sections of society can avail themselves of an EWS certificate. Basically Economically Backward Class is a subcategory of people belonging to the general category having an annual family income less than Rs. 8 lakh, who do not belong to any other category like ST, SC, OBC.
|EWS Certificate Kerala Highlights|
|About||EWS Certificate Kerala|
|Launched by||Government of Kerala|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of the state|
|Official Website||Click Here|
The main objectives of the certificate are as follows:-
- The main objective of the scheme is that the beneficiary will get the opportunity to get a government job with an EWS certificate.
- Unemployment will reduce in the country and the standard of living of the poor families falling in the general sections of the country will improve.
- Low and financially troubled citizens will be provided assistance under the EWS certificate.
EWS Certificate Kerala Benefits
Benefits availed from this certificate are as follows:-
- General caste people can use EWS Certificate to avail 10% reservation.
- Through this, the poor and economically weaker people in the state government jobs and educational institutions will get benefits.
- The persons belonging to EWS who, are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs shall get 10% reservation in direct recruitment in civil posts and services in the Government and admission in educational institutions.
- The economic conditions of the poor people will be strengthened.
Applicants need to have the following documents in order to apply for EWS Certificate Kerala:-
- Aadhaar card
- Income certificate
- Pan card
- Domicile certificate
- Property certificate
- Bank statement
- Notary authorized self-declaration
- Passport size photo
It is a completely free service, there’s no application fee for obtaining an Economically Weaker Section Certificate in Kerala state.
Applicants need to pass the following eligibility criteria for enrollment:-
- The applicant should be a resident of Kerala.
- Applicants should fall under the general category, also it will not be generated for a person who comes under SC, ST, and OBC caste.
- The family annual income should be below Rs 4 lakhs or as per state norms.
- Family-owned agricultural land must be less than 2.5 acres.
- Also, a residential flat owned by a family which is less than 1000 sq. ft.
- Residential plot less than 100 sq. Yards and 200 sq. Yards in selected municipalities as per the state norms.
The validity of the Kerala EWS Certificate is as per the timeline provided on the certificate.
The people of upper caste are provided reservations in government schemes, government services, scholarships, other services schemes through EWS Certificate. Interested applicants need to follow the following steps in order to enroll for EWS Certificate Kerala:-
- Firstly applicants need to download the EWS Certificate Application Form. You can click on the link given below to download the form.
- After downloading the form, you will have to fill in the information asked in the form clearly and then attach all the required documents.
- After adding the document, you have to submit it to your regional revenue department office or tehsil.
- After this your application form will be checked by the concerned authorities then a reference number will be given to the applicant for the application submitted. Keep it safe for future reference.
- Once the certificate is ready, the applicant will be notified to collect the certificate from the office.
In case if applicants face any difficulties then they can take help from the following details:-
- Municipal Corporation of Thiruvananthapuram,
- Office Address: Vikas Bhavan, PO, Thiruvananthapuram (695-033) Kerala
- Phone Number: (0471) 233-2085
- Fax No: 233-6017
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Local body Websites (Panchayat-wise): Click Here
Do read our other articles on our website:-Click Here
Note:- How did you like the information provided by us, please let us know in the comment section. For more details of any other scheme stay connected with us on https://yojanasarkari.in/. Thank you
What is EWS Certificate?
EWS stands for Economically Weaker Sections. The persons belonging to EWSs who, are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs shall get a 10% reservation.
What is the validity of the EWS Certificate?
The validity of the Kerala EWS Certificate is as per the timeline provided on the certificate after that you need to renew it.