Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana | RSBY Benefits | National Health Insurance Scheme
The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana has been inaugurated by the Central Government. Basically, under this scheme social security will be provided to the poor citizens of the country also the poor people who are working in unorganized sectors will be provided medical protection, health insurance of Rs. 30,000. The government is planning to provide free treatment to poor citizens.
So today in this article we are going to discuss everything about the scheme like its eligibility criteria, required documents, benefits, objectives, important highlights, the application process, etc. So to know more stay connected with us.
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
Under the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana, free medical facilities will be provided to the people of the country in the form of health insurance. The unorganized sector workers and their families (a unit of five) will be included under this scheme. The major issue for workers in the unorganized sector is about their health, frequent illnesses and the need for medical care of the workers and their family members and hospitalization is a major issue nowadays. Despite the expansion in health facilities, their disease remains one of the most important causes of human deprivation in India.
|Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Highlights|
|About||Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana|
|Launched by||Central Government|
|Department||Ministry of Labor and Employment|
|Benefit||Health insurance will be provided|
|Beneficiaries||Poor people of the country|
|Official Website||Click here|
RSBY Smart Card
Under this scheme, an RSBY Smart Card will be provided to the poor people of the country, with the help of which people can get free medical facilities in hospitals. The list of generally prepared by the state government. Thus, the patient is required to check the list before taking admission to any hospital. The most important function of a smart card is that it enables cashless transactions in nominated hospitals and these benefits can be availed anywhere in the country.
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Objectives
The objectives of the scheme are as follows:-
- As we all know that there are many people who are not able to get their treatment done properly due to poor financial conditions, so keeping all this in mind the scheme is been launched by the Central Government.
- The main objective is to provide health insurance to the economically weaker workers of the unorganized areas of the country.
- With the help of this, all people can get their treatment in listed hospitals free of cost.
- The National Health Insurance Scheme seeks to provide protection to families living below the poverty line from financial liabilities arising from health injuries, including hospitalization.
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Benefits
Benefits availed under Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana are as follows:-
- The families of the unorganized areas can take advantage of this scheme.
- Under Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana, the workers of unorganized sectors will be provided health insurance of Rs 30,000 by the government.
- Unorganized sector workers and their families (units of five) will be included under the scheme.
- The central and state governments will provide medical insurance premiums. The beneficiary will have to pay only 30 rupees. This amount will be used to renew the card.
- The insurance cover under the National Health Insurance Scheme will be valid for one financial year only. To get cashless medical treatment benefits, the policyholder has to renew the card on an annual basis.
- About 10 crore poor and vulnerable families and up to 05 lakh treatment will be benefited from this scheme.
- Till now, under this scheme, families are provided a cover of Rs 30,000 for treatment. For this, more than 1.5 lakh health wellness centers will be opened across the country.
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Eligibility Criteria
An applicant needs to pass the following eligibility criteria in order to enroll themselves:-
- The applicant must be a resident of India.
- The benefit of cashless medical insurance will be given to those who fall under the category below the poverty line (BPL).
- Unorganized sector workers who fall in the BPL category and their family members will get benefits under the scheme.
- If the insurance holders are willing to get the cashless facility, then they have to provide a smart card at the hospital counter. Without this card, benefits cannot be obtained.
- The policyholder will have to pay Rs 30 to get the card.
The following documents are required for enrollment in Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana:-
- Aadhar Card.
- Ration card.
- Address Proof.
- Income certificate.
- BPL certificate.
- Active mobile number.
- Passport size photo.
Follow the following steps in order to enroll yourself:-
- Firstly the list will be prepared by the survey agencies in all the areas by the government and the BPL families will be identified. After the list is prepared, it will be transferred to the office of insurance policy companies, which have been selected by the authority.
- It will be the responsibility of the policy agents to contact the BPL families and encourage them to get a medical insurance policy. The insurance company will be responsible for listing the logo under the scheme.
- Registration centers will be set up in the concerned area. If the area is located far inland, the owners of the insurance company will set up a mobile (on-the-go) enrollment camp.
- All interested candidates have to visit the registration centers on the day of enrollment. They will have to get their insurance cards ready.
- After this, the fingerprints of the candidates will be scanned and photographs will be taken, then the agents will issue a health insurance card, also known as the RBSY smart card. This will be provided by printing the card through a special printing machine.
- The biometric details of the candidate and family members will be stored in the chip. After the beneficiary pays a fee of thirty rupees and after the authentication of the smart card by the concerned officer, they are provided with an information pamphlet along with the details of the plan and the list of hospitals along with the smart card.
- This process usually takes less than 10 minutes. The card is given on a plastic cover.
Do read our other articles on our website:-Click Here
Note:- How did you like the information provided by us, please let us know in the comment section. For more details of any other scheme stay connected with us on https://yojanasarkari.in/. Thank you