Antyodaya Anna Yojana has been inaugurated by the Central Government. Many people are not able to buy even ration for themselves due to poor financial conditions. They are not able to feed their family properly as theirs no source of income. Because of all these problems, the central government has started the Antyodaya Anna Yojana under which ration will be provided to them. Initially, 10 lakh families were covered under this scheme.
Today in this article, we will discuss everything about Antyodaya Anna Yojana like its objectives, benefits, eligibility criteria, required documents, the application process, beneficiaries, important highlights, etc. So to know more stay connected with us.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana
The Antyodaya Anna Yojana was launched by the Union Government on 25 December 2000 by the Ministry of Manure Supply and Consumer Affairs. Under this Yojana, all the beneficiaries will be provided Antyodaya Ration Card. Through this, the beneficiaries will be able to get a 35 kg ration including 20 kg wheat at ₹ 2 per kg and 15 kg rice at ₹ 3 per kg.
Only those people who have no source of income or are very poor can avail the benefit of this scheme. Now Divyango has also been included under Antyodaya Anna Yojana.
|Antyodaya Anna Yojana Highlights|
|About||Antyodaya Anna Yojana|
|Launched by||The Central Government|
|Launched on||25 December 2000|
|Department||Department of Food & Public Distribution|
|Benefits||The ration will be provided|
|Beneficiaries||Poor people of the state who don’t have any source of income.|
Antyodaya Anna Yojana New Update
As you all know, the Central Government is running several schemes for the people living below the poverty line. So that their standard of living can improve. One of these is Antyodaya Anna Yojana. Under this scheme, people living below the poverty line will be provided a full month’s ration in less money. Now persons with disabilities have also been made beneficiaries under this scheme. The scale of the issue that was initially 25 kg per family per month was increased to 35 kg per family per month with effect from 1st April 2002.
The main objectives of the scheme are as follows:-
- Many people are not able to buy even ration for themselves due to poor financial conditions. The Antyodaya card has been issued by the government for them under which food items will be provided to them at affordable rates.
- Through this scheme, 35 kg food grains will be provided every month to families with disabilities.
- Their main objective is to ensure that no disabled person is deprived of it.
Benefits availed under Antyodaya Anna Yojana are as follows:-
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to Antyodaya cardholders and differently-abled persons of the country. Under this, they’ll be provided food at an affordable price.
- Under Antyodaya Anna Yojana, the beneficiary will be provided 35 kg of wheat at Rs 2 per kg and rice at Rs 3 per kg.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana is mainly reserved for the poor, poor families in urban and rural areas will be provided benefits of this scheme.
- The applicant’s family selected for the Antyodaya family will be provided a unique quota card to get “Antyodaya Ration Card” recognition.
Rural Area Beneficiaries
Beneficiaries of the rural areas are as follows:-
- Families with annual income up to ₹ 15000
- Old age pension holder
- Small and marginal farmers
- Landless agricultural laborer
- Physically challenged person
- Inspector widow
- Rural artisans or craftsmen such as Kumar, weavers, blacksmiths, carpenters, and slum dwellers.
Urban Area Beneficiaries
Beneficiaries of urban areas are as follows:-
- Families with annual income up to ₹ 15000
- Daily wage earners such as rickshaw drivers
- Fruit and flower sellers up the pavement
- Domestic servant
- Construction workers
- Widow or disabled
- Snake charmer
Applicant need to pass the following eligibility criteria to enroll themselves:-
- Applicants should be living below the poverty line.
- The applicant should be selected for Antyodaya Ration Card issued by the designated authority.
Applicant needs to have the following documents for enrollment:-
- Aadhar Card
- Identity certificate
- Income certificate
- Address proof
- An affidavit of the applicant to the effect that he has not previously held any ration card.
- Active mobile number
- Passport size photo
Antyodaya Anna Yojana State Wise List
|Andhra Pradesh||Click Here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click Here|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Click Here|
|Madhya Pradesh||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
|Uttar Pradesh||Click Here|
|West Bengal||Click Here|
Follow the following steps to enroll yourself:-
- Firstly you have to go to the Food Supply Department and get the application form.
- After taking the application form, you will have to fill in all the information asked in it like name address, income mobile number, etc, and then attach all the required documents.
- After this, you have to submit the application form.
- Your application form will be examined, after that, a decision will be taken by the department official whether he is eligible to receive benefits in this scheme or not. After applying under this scheme, you can check the status of the application and your name in the beneficiary.
Do read our other articles on our website:-Click Here
Note:- How did you like the information provided by us, please let us know in the comment section. For more details of any other scheme stay connected with us on https://yojanasarkari.in/. Thank you