West Bengal Marriage Registration | WB Marriage Online Registration | West Bengal Marriage Certificate Download | rgmwb.gov.in | পশ্চিমবঙ্গ বিবাহ নিবন্ধন
A marriage certificate is legal proof that ensures that two people are married. The government of West Bengal Law Department Registrar General of Marriages issues a marriage registration certificate in the state of West Bengal to the newly married couple. This article will tell you how you can apply for marriage registration online and explain in detail the eligibility conditions, documents, and other important details. If you do not yet have a marriage certificate or are newly married and want to apply for marriage registration, read this article till the end.
West Bengal Marriage Registration 2022
Under Hindu Marriage Act 1955, Special Marriage Act 1954, Indian Kristen Marriage Act 1872, and Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act 1936, couples can apply for West Bengal Marriage Registration. The Hindu Marriage Act applies to all people of the state who are Hindu by religion, any form or event of its occurrence, including Veerashaiva, a Lingayat or a follower of the Brahmo, Prarthana or Arya Samaj, who are Buddhists, Jains or There are Sikhs, and religions that are not Muslim, Christian, Zoroastrian, or Jewish. The Special Marriage Act applies to others. The Indian Kristen Marriage Act is for the Christian community. The Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act applies to the people of the Parsi community.
Details of WB Marriage Registration
|Name of the department||Law Department Register General of Marriages|
|Issued||Marriage registration certificate|
|Issued to||Wedded couples|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Category||State government scheme|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Feature of Marriage Registration West Bengal
- The legal age of marriage in India is 21 for men and 18 for women.
- Marriages solemnized under any personal law can be registered.
- A marriage certificate provides social security, especially to married women. A marriage certificate is necessary to obtain or make change to many other documents like passport, ration card, PAN card name, etc.
- A marriage that is already solemnized can be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955, or the Special Marriage Act 1954.
- The Hindu Marriage Act applies in cases where both husband and wife are Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, or Sikh, or in cases where they have converted to any of these religions.
- If the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, or Sikhs, then the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954
Eligibility Criteria for West Bengal Marriage Registration
- The age of bride and groom should not be less than 18 and 21 years respectively.
- The husband and wife must live together at the time of registration of their marriage.
- At the time of marriage registration, no party should have more than one spouse.
- In the district where the marriage is to be registered, the husband and wife should live together for at least one month.
How many laws are there to register in WB Marriage Registration
Marriages are registered under the following Acts:
- The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
- The Special Marriage Act, 1954 (Under Section 13)
- The Special Marriage Act, 1954 (Under Section 16)
- The Indian Christian Marriage Act, 1872
- The Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act, 1936
Fee for Online Marriage Registration
|S.No||Scheduled Fee||Time Period|
|1.||Rs. 200||If the application for marriage registration is made within 2 months from the date of marriage.|
|2.||Rs. 400||If the application for marriage registration is made after 2 months from the date of marriage.|
Required Documents for West Bengal Marriage Registration
For West Bengal Marriage Registration, you have to attach the following necessary documents with the application form.
- Aadhaar Card
- Proof of marriage such as a marriage invitation card
- Permanent Address Proof
- Joint photograph
- An affidavit from the priest or local panchayat bodies.
- Present Address Proof
- Signature of Bride and Groom
How to Apply For Online Marriage Registration
For West Bengal Marriage Registration, you have to complete the following process for online application
- First, you have to go to the Official Website
- A Homepage will be open in front of you.
- On the homepage, you have to click on the option “Register Your Marriage”.
- “Click Here To Apply Online” from the newly opened page.
- Then read the instructions, click on proceed option.
- The application form will appear on the new screen.
- Select the Act under which you want to apply for registration.
- The first part of the form will be in front of you where you will have to fill in the information of the groom (husband) such as name, father’s name, date of birth, registration, email, phone number, religion, nationality, Aadhaar number, etc. and upload the documents of the groom.
- Then go to the second part of the form in which fill in the information of bride (wife) name, father’s name, date of birth, registration, email, phone number, religion, nationality, Aadhaar number, etc. and upload the documents of the bride.
- Now go to the third part of the details of the social weddings, such as place of social marriage, date of social marriage, and wedding invitation card.
- Now go to the fourth part of the form where you have to fill in the children’s details (This is Not A Mandatory Field you can skip this information).
- Now choose the marriage registrar by the groom’s address or bride’s address option.
- Then Marriage registrar detail will appear on the screen choose one of them and select marriage officer type, district, sub-district, work area, block, police station, and gram panchayat.
- Now you have to go to the last step of the application form where you need to enter the registration details, select the registration place “Office of Marriage Officer” or “Outside (within his / her jurisdiction) Marriage Office”.
- Then fill in premises name & number and street/locality name, district, sub-district, work area, block, police station, gram panchayat, village, and post office.
- After that, select within office hours of the marriage officer” or “beyond office hours of the marriage officer”.
- Fill in the code and click on submit option after completing all the procedures.
- Remember to take a printout of it for further use before submitting it.
How to Apply For Offline Marriage Registration
- Firstly, Go to the Marriage office and ask them for an application form for registering your marriage.
- Please fill the form and it will have to be duly signed by the couple. Please submit the form to the concerned Section Officer along with the necessary documents.
- Please pay to complete the process as advised. The application will then be processed internally. The applicant will be informed to visit the SRO office to complete the process.
- On the said date, please visit the office with the mentioned witnesses and sign the register before the registrar.
- the certificate will be issued to the couple on the same day evening.
Due to objections
- Party has a spouse living at the time of marriage.
- Is incapable of giving valid consent to it in consequence of unsoundness of mind.
- Though capable of giving valid consent, has been suffering from a mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and the creation of children.
- Has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity or epilepsy
- The male has not completed the age of twenty-one years and the female the age of eighteen years
- The parties are within the degrees of prohibited relationship
- Where the marriage is solemnized in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, both parties are citizens of India domiciled in the territories to which this Act extends.
How to Raise Objection Online
- First Visit the Official Website.
- the homepage will be open in front of you.
- On the homepage from the search service option. Select the Objection option.
- The application form will appear in front of you.
- Fill in the information asked on the application form. such as
- Application number
- Relation with applicant
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Postal address
- Objection reason
- Upload Signature
- Now Enter the captcha code.
- Click Submit after completing all the above procedures.
How to File Request for Change of Marriage Officer
- First Visit the Official Website.
- From home page search service option. Select the “Transfer” option
- The application form will be displayed on your screen.
- Now, enter application no., date of birth of bride & groom, the reason for change request.
- Then Enter the captcha code.
- Click Submit after completing all the above procedures.
Contact Details for West Bengal Marriage Registration
- The Registrar General of Marriage
11 A.K.S. Roy Road,
Panchayat Bhawan (2nd floor),
Kolkata-700 001, West Bengal.
- Phone: 033 – 22259398
- FAX: 033 – 22259308
- E-mail: [email protected]
The process, say officials, is “absolutely seamless”. You go to the Official Website, fill up the form, give the personal and physical details required, and pay the registration fee online. How did you like the information was given by us, do let us know in the comment section? Stay connected with us on YojanaSarkari for more details of any other scheme, thanks.