West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme | পশ্চিমবঙ্গ ফ্রি ট্যাবলেট প্রকল্প | WB Free Tablet Scheme Online Registration | WB Free Tablet Scheme eligibility |
The new scheme has been launched by West Bengal State Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on 3 December. Free tablets will be provided to students of the state under this scheme. Today we will share with you all the complete information about the free tablet scheme for the year 2021 started by the Chief Minister of the state of West Bengal and also we will share its eligibility, educational criteria, and all other information.
We will share with you all the step-by-step processes to apply for the West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme. If you want to take advantage of this scheme, then read this article given by us till the end.
West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme
Education is one of the most affected departments due to the coronavirus epidemic and has been announced by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to help students go for online education. According to the announcement, it was decided to provide tablet devices to the students of the higher secondary schools of the Government of West Bengal.
Now according to the new information, the West Bengal Mamata Banerjee-led government is planning to give tablet devices to more than 9.5 lakh students in the state, who are going to appear in the higher secondary examination next year. Students of West Bengal state who are currently studying in 12th standard in various government schools in the state will get free tablets to continue their online education.
Students who are studying in government-aided schools and madrasas will also be given free tablets by the state government. It is also being said that computers will be provided to every secondary school so that online education can be possible in the state.
Important Information Of West Bengal Free Tablet
|Scheme’s Name||WB Free Tablet Scheme|
|Conducted By||Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee|
|Aim||Providing free tablets to Students of the state|
|Beneficiary||Class 12th students of Government schools, Government Aided Schools, and madrasas of West Bengal State|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Objective Of WB Free Tablet Scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to provide online education to all the students of the state who are not able to buy mobile or tablets due to their financial condition. Due to the upcoming assembly elections, the government has given a plan to issue a series of expansion plans to some of the top IT companies in the state of West Bengal.
The state government also made 20 proposals in the Bengal Silicon Valley hub to set up IT offices. The government of West Bengal will invest 3000 crores to provide IT facilities to the residents of the state.
Benefits Of the Free Tablet Scheme
- Under this scheme launched by the Chief Minister of West Bengal, many benefits will be given to the citizens of the state. About 9.5 lakh tablets will be given free to the students of the state under this scheme.
- Government and government-aided 36000 secondary schools will be facilitated.
- More than 600 madrasas along with 14000 higher secondary schools will be provided with the benefit of the scheme.
- Students will be provided with tabs for life and students will be able to get an education through these facilities till graduation.
- The Chief Minister of West Bengal has been providing inter-dearness allowance and other benefits for the employees of the state government from the upcoming month of January 2021.
More opportunities through this scheme
The government of West Bengal also plans to provide many different opportunities for the citizens of the state:
- According to West Bengal, there has been a 133% increase in information technology (IT) firms in the state in the last eight years. also IT exports have gone up by 175%.
- On 1 December 2020, the Government of West Bengal approved 20 proposals for setting up IT offices in the Bengal Silicon Valley Hub with a proposed investment of Rs 3000 crore.
- This scheme will directly employ 9000 IT professionals.
- Currently, more than 1500 IT companies including Tata Consultancy Services, IBM, Infosys, Cognizant, and Wipro have offices in West Bengal.
- The state has around 2.1 lakh IT professionals.
- Additional data from Bharti Airtel has come with a proposal of Rs 350 crore, Wipro has an expansion plan of Rs 500 crore in the state.
- Tata Consultancy Services expects to increase the number of jobs to around 61,000 from the current 44,000
- Even Cognizant Technology Solutions is expected to expand further
- ITC Infotech has almost completed its project in New Town and about 3000 IT professionals will work there.
- The construction of a proposed software development center in the state, IT services giant Infosys will start by July, for which Infosys has been allotted 50 acres.
Eligibility Criteria For This Scheme
To apply for this scheme, applicants should be under the eligibility criteria given below: –
- The applicant must be a citizen of West Bengal.
- An Applicant should be studying in a government school or government-aided school or Madrasah.
- Applicant must be a student of class 12th
- The annual income of the applicant’s family from all sources is Rs. Should not exceed 200000 per year.
- The applicant must have cleared all previous examinations
- School ID card
- Aadhar card
- Residence certificate
- Address proof
- Passport size photographs
- Scanned signature
- Mobile number
Online Application Procedure Of Free Tablet Scheme
A dedicated portal for the Free Tablet Scheme 2021 has not yet been launched for the general public. As soon as the online or offline portal will be launched, we will give you information through this website. If you want to get more information related to the scheme, please stay with us in the future.