Uttar Pradesh Property Registration | stamp duty and registration charges in Uttar Pradesh | Encumbrance Certificate | Application Process and Forms | Uttar Pradesh stamp duty rates | check land registry online uttar pradesh
The department that is responsible for property registration in the state of Uttar Pradesh is the Department of Stamps and Registration. Department of Stamps and Registration looks after the services that are related to property like registration of documents and issue of encumbrance certificate. The Inspector-General of Registration, Government of Uttar Pradesh manages the registration or property transfer in Uttar Pradesh.
The parties can submit the application forms relating to property registration services at the Sub-Registrar’s Offices of Stamps & the Registration Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh.
Today in this article, we will discuss everything about Uttar Pradesh Property Registration like its objectives, benefits, required documents, eligibility criteria, stamp duty, encumbrance certificate, the application process, important highlights, etc. So to know more about Uttar Pradesh Property Registration stay connected with us.
Uttar Pradesh Property Registration
Property Registration in India is governed by the Registration Act of 1908. Registering your immovable property should be the top priority when you buy a house, shop, or land as it provides your legitimacy to carry out any transaction. A person is considered the legal owner of a property only after he gets the property registered in his name. The Department of Stamps and Registration is liable for property registration in the State of Uttar Pradesh.
Registration fees and stamp duty are not the same in all states of India so it’ll vary from state to state. The stamp duty is established on the agreement value or the market value and may vary from property to property and place to place. EC fees, Document Preparation charges are other charges incurred.
|Uttar Pradesh Property Registration Highlights|
|About||Uttar Pradesh Property Registration|
|Department||Department of Stamps and Registration|
|Benefit||Registration of Property will be done|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of the state|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Uttar Pradesh Registration Act, 1908
- Uttar Pradesh Registration Act, 1908 states the method of registering documents, information regarding legal rights, and obligations affecting the particulars property.
Section 17 of Uttar Pradesh Registration Act
- Under section 17 of the Registration Act, 1908, all transactions that involve the sale of immovable property for a value exceeding Rs. 100, should be registered, i.e. all transactions of sale of the immovable property that has to be registered. Additionally, all transactions of a gift of immovable property, as well as a lease deed for a duration exceeding 12 months are also mandatorily needed to be registered in Uttar Pradesh.
Uttar Pradesh Property Registration Objectives
The main objectives of Uttar Pradesh Property Registration are as follows:-
- Uttar Pradesh Property Registration serves for the proper recording of documents which provides more authenticity.
- The basic purpose of registration is to record the ownership of the property.
- To ensure prevention of fraud, conservation of evidence, transfer of title to the owner.
- By registering property, the document will maintain an up-to-date public record.
- The document registration will be a permanent public record once it’s registered with the concerned office.
- Registration public records can be inspected by anyone.
The benefits availed under Uttar Pradesh Property Registration are as follows:-
- Registration of property helps for the proper recording of documents which provides more authenticity.
- By registering property, the document will maintain an up-to-date public record.
- To ensure the prevention of fraud, conservation of evidence, the transfer of title to the owner.
Applicant needs to have following documents to register themselves on Uttar Pradesh Property Registration:-
- An original and duplicate copy of the document is necessary for the registration.
- Photo Identity Proof – voter’s ID card and passport of the buyer, the seller, and all the witnesses.
- Certified copies of Certificate of Incorporation of both seller and buyer, in case of a company and not an individual buyer
- Copy of the property register card to indicate that the property does not belong to the Government (You can obtain this from the City Survey Department)
- Copy of municipal tax bill to mention the year in which the property was built or constructed.
- Copy of the PAN Cards of all the parties is mandatory
- Photographs and signatures of all parties, the buyer, the seller, and the two witnesses are obligator.
The applicant needs to pass the following eligibility criteria to register themselves on Uttar Pradesh Property Registration:-
- Those who have landed in their names.
- Those who are legal heirs of the deceased landowner.
- Authorized signatory/ power of attorney.
- The registration is valid till the land is sold to someone.
The stamp duty is the percentage of transaction value levied by the state government, on every registered scale. UP is among the states in India where stamp duty is comparatively higher. Buyers in UP have to pay 7% of the transaction cost as stamp duty. Rates of stamp duty of various transactions in Uttar Pradesh are tabulated here:-
|Stamp Duty Charges|
|S.No||Deed types||Stamp Duty Charges|
|2||Gift Deed||Rs. 60 to Rs. 125|
|5||General Power of Attorney||Rs.10 to Rs. 100|
|6||Special Power of Attorney||Rs.100|
|7||Conveyance||Rs. 60 to Rs. 125|
|8||Notarial Act||Rs. 10|
|Owner||Stamp Duty as a percentage of the property value||Registration charge as a percentage of the property value|
An encumbrance certificate is a certificate that is important while applying for a mortgage loan, selling land, and joint development, etc. The certificate certifies that the land does not have any legal dues. Offline process timing will be provided by the authorities, usually, it takes 15 to 20 days. The online process can be completed in two days.
Encumbrance Certificate Benefits
Benefits availed from the encumbrance certificate are as follows:-
- Encumbrance certificated plays an important role in applying for a home loan from the banks.
- The Encumbrance Certificate is mandatory when one wants to buy or sell a property.
- It also acts as evidence that the property is free from legal liabilities.
- The encumbrance certificate ensures to know about the past transactions of property at the time of purchase of the property.
Documents Required for Encumbrance Certificate
Applicants need to have the following documents to obtain their encumbrance certificate:-
- Aadhaar Card
- Application form
- Property card if available
- Address proof of applicant (attested copy)
- Property address. survey number, document/ Patta number
- Period for which the EC is required
- Applicable fees
- Copy of sale deed of the said property
- The purpose for which the EC is applied for
- Copy of Power of Attorney, in case of application, is made by the attorney holder
How to get your Encumbrance Certificate?
Follow the following steps to get your Encumbrance Certificate for Uttar Pradesh Property Registration:-
- To apply for an Encumbrance Certificate, the applicant has to go to the respective sub-registrar office where the land is registered.
- Then the applicant needs to collect the application form for the Encumbrance Certificate at the respective sub-registrar office.
- Fill in the form carefully with details and submit the same with a non-judicial stamp affixed along with required documents to the respective authority as advised. Do crosscheck it.
- Authorities will announce the fees to be paid. Please pay as advised
- A Receipt containing an Acknowledgement ID is issued to the applicant.
- This application request will be processed by the department.
- SMS is triggered to the applicants informing the status of the application.
- As per the notification, the applicant shall visit the office to collect the certificate.
Application Process for Property Registration
Follow the following steps to register yourself for Uttar Pradesh Property Registration:-
- Firstly the applicant needs to go to the official website.
- Then the applicant needs to click on Apply under Property Registration.
- If you are new then you need to create an ID, if already have then simply log in using your password.
- Select your Tehsil, District, and Registrar then provide your contact number and create a password.
- Enter the Captcha Code and click on the “Go Ahead” button.
- After all this, a registration form will display in front of you.
- Select the nature of the document, enter the deed presenter’s name and mobile number.
- Provide the following property details for registration and stamp duty calculation like Relevant tehsil of the district, Area type, Rural or Urban, Sub Area type of the tehsils, Ward from the sub-area type already selected, Property type from Plot / Building / Agriculture Land.
- Now applicant needs to provide all the property details for a valuation then select the type of building and click on Next Button.
- Now upload all the required documents and then the user has to proceed to add details of other parties involved in the transaction and two witnesses.
- Select payment service type E-stamp, stamp, E-payment, and make the specified payment.
- Now select the user consent and then click on the Save button to proceed.
- Enter displayed captcha and confirm that everything is correct by clicking the save button to save the process.
- Finally, the applicant needs to take a printout of the application and fee receipt. Then visit the sub-registrar office on any working days.
- Once the registration application is made, use the application ID for reference. Also use the same ID to book a time slot in the application, based on convenience can visit the Sub-Registrar office to complete the registration process.
- After approval and successful registration, get the property registration document. Once Again, log in to the portal for downloading the registration certificate.
- This will complete your registration.
Do read our other articles on our website:-Click Here
Note:- How did you like the information provided by us, please let us know in the comment section. For more details of any other scheme stay connected with us on https://yojanasarkari.in/. Thank you.