Saksham Scholarship Scheme | An AICTE Scholarship for Disabled Students
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) invites applications for AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2021-22. Applications are invited from differently-abled students pursuing technical degree/diploma courses from recognized institutions.
The aim of this scholarship is to promote technical education by offering financial assistance to specially-abled students for the continuation of their professional studies. This is an attempt to give every young student, who is otherwise specially-abled, the opportunity to study further and prepare for a successful future.
Saksham Scholarship Scheme Eligibility
- The candidate should be a specially-abled student having not less than 40% disability.
- Candidate should be admitted to the first year of degree/diploma level course or second year of degree/diploma level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved institutions of the respective year.
- The candidate should have a family income of less than INR 8 lakh per annum.
- A valid income certificate issued by State /UT Government needs to be enclosed.
- Mark Sheet of standard Xth /XIIth / others as applicable (mandatory).
- Annual family Income Certificate for the preceding financial year in the prescribed format issued by Tehsildar or higher officer (mandatory).
- Admission letter issued by Directorate of Technical Education for the admission in Diploma/Degree course (mandatory).
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/ Head of the Institute (mandatory).
- Tuition fee receipt.
- Disability Certificate.
- Copy of Bank Pass Book showing the name of the student, Account number, IFSC code, and Photograph pasted at appropriate place duly signed by Manager with the rubber stamp of Bank affixed(mandatory)
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC category.
- AADHAR Card
- Declaration by parents duly signed stating that the information provided by their child is correct and will refund Scholarship amount if found false at any stage.
- Applicant’s passport size photo
- Signature of the candidate
Saksham Scholarship Yojana
- AICTE will award scholarships to 1000 differently-abled students on a merit basis.
- The selected students receive Rs 50,000 per annum for every year of study as a lump sum amount towards –
- Payment of college fees
- Purchase of books
- Purchase of equipment
- Purchase of laptops and software
- Purchase of desktopsSaksham Scholarship yojana
15% of the total seats are reserved for SC, 7.5% for ST, and 27% for OBC candidates.
- Candidates will be chosen only on the basis of merit.
- Candidates must pass the qualifying examination to pursue the Technical Degree course from any of the AICTE approved institutions.
- State/ UT wise merit list will be prepared as per the number of scholarships allotted to that state or territory.
- In case the qualifying examination percentile does not break ties, then a higher percentage of marks in the 10th examination will be ranked higher.
- In case the 10th examination percentile does not break ties, then the candidate of elder age will be ranked higher.
The process to apply
- First, the applicants need to register themselves on the NSP Portal by clicking on the ‘New Registration’ button.
- Read the guidelines carefully and fill in all the details to complete the registration.
- After successful registration, the applicants will receive an application ID and password on their registered mobile number.
- Now, the candidates need to log in to the NSP Portal using their application ID and password to fill the Pragati application form.
- The applicants will be asked to change the password (a mandatory step).
- Thereafter, the applicants are required to fill the scholarship application form.
- The candidates must upload the scanned copies of the required documents and submit the application form.
- The host institution where the candidate is studying, required to verify the online application.
- Department of Technical Education (DTE) of respective State/ UT will verify these applications as the second level of scrutiny.
Terms and conditions
- The gap period between the year of passing the qualifying examination and the session of admission in the degree course should not be more than two years.
- Applications will be invited once a year through the NSP Portal of the Government of India.
- If a student is in the reserved category and also qualified in the General Category merit list of scholarships, then she will be counted under the General Category.
- Only verified online applications will be considered for the award of scholarship.
- Failed/dropout candidates in subsequent years will not be eligible for further scholarship.
- The grant of the scholarship is subject to the condition that the student does not receive any financial assistance in the shape of scholarship/any emoluments, salary, stipend, etc. from any other source during her course of study in the Institute.
- In case of receipt of any financial assistance from any other sources, the scholarship shall be discontinued
and the entire amount of scholarship will have to be refunded to AICTE by D/Draft drawn in favor of “Member Secretary, AICTE” payable at New Delhi.
- The scheme will be implemented and monitored by the AICTE.
- For converting CGPA to the percentage, a multiplying factor will be 9.5 (CGPA X 9.5 )
- In case both CGPA & total marks are given in the mark sheet, total marks will be considered for determining percentage.
- If grades are given like A1, A2, B1, B2, etc. in the mark sheet, first the grades will be converted into CGPA and then the average CGPA will be calculated.
- A provisional list of shortlisted candidates will be uploaded on the AICTE web portal.
- In case, the candidate has any query about the merit list of scholarships, they may raise their grievances within a month.
- No query regarding the merit list will be entertained after one-month duration from the date of publishing of the merit list on the AICTE website.
- Query regarding non-payment of the scholarship due to invalid/ wrong account number will be entertained only upto six months from the date of publishing of merit list on AICTE website.
Some important questions and answers (FAQ)
I am an Eligible Candidate for both Pragati and Saksham Scholarships. Can I apply for both the
No, you can apply under one scheme only for Scholarship.
Do I need to upload any Scanned Documents at NSP Portal, when I apply online for Scholarship?
YES. As per the requirement of National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
Is AADHAAR Card a Mandatory Document for Saksham Scholarship?
Yes. Aadhaar card and Aadhaar seeded bank account in the name of candidate is mandatory for submitting online application under Saksham scheme.
Which Web Browser should be used to open the Online Application for Saksham Scholarship?
Any of the existing web browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Chrome, etc., may be used.
Please click on the link to download the Pdf for FAQ related to Saksham Scholarship – Saksham_Faq