Pragati Scholarship Scheme 2021-22 For Girl Students Degree and Diploma | Pragati Scholarship Scheme How to Apply | Pragati Scholarship Scheme Eligibility | Pragati Scholarship Scheme Last Date | AICTE Scheme
Pragati Scholarship Scheme: Pragati Scholarship is a government scholarship scheme implemented by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). This is applicable for girls pursuing their degree or diploma in technology. This scheme is launched to provide encouragement and support to Girl Child to pursue technical education.
This is an attempt to give young Women the opportunity to further her education and prepare for a
successful future by “Empowering Women through Technical Education. Selected candidates will be eligible to receive scholarships worth Rs 50,000 per year from the government. There are a total of 5000 scholarships to be disbursed this year to deserving candidates.
Last date to apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship is 31st January 2021.
Pragati Scholarship Scheme Eligibility –
- The girl candidate should be admitted to First year of Degree level course OR Second year of Degree level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year.
- Maximum two girl child per family are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The annual Family income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by State/ UT Government need to be enclosed.
- In case the applicant is married, the income of parents/in-laws is considered, whichever is higher.
Pragati Scholarship Scheme Documents Required –
- Mark Sheet of standard Xth /XIIth / others as applicable (mandatory).
- Annual family Income Certificate for the preceding financial year in the prescribed format issued by Tehsildar or higher officer (mandatory).
- Admission letter issued by Directorate of Technical Education for the admission in Diploma/Degree course (mandatory).
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/ Head of the Institute (mandatory).
- Tuition fee receipt.
- Copy of Bank Pass Book showing name of the student, Account number, IFSC code and Photograph pasted at appropriate place duly signed by Manager with rubber stamp of Bank affixed(mandatory)
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC category.
- AADHAR Card
- Declaration by parents duly signed stating that the information provided by their child is correct and will refund Scholarship amount, if found false at any stage.
- Applicant’s passport size photo
- Signature of the candidate
Pragati Scholarship Scheme Rewards/ Benefits –
- The AICTE Pragati Scholarship rewards a total of 5,000 scholarships to girl scholars.
- The selected students receive Rs 50,000 per annum for every year of study as a lump sum amount towards –
- Payment of college fees
- Purchase of books
- Purchase of equipment
- Purchase of laptops and software
- Purchase of desktops
Pragati Scholarship Scheme Selection Criteria –
- Candidates will be chosen only on the basis of merit.
- Candidates must pass the qualifying examination to pursue the Technical Degree course from any of the AICTE approved institutions.
- State/ UT wise merit list will be prepared as per the number of scholarships allotted to that state or territory.
- In case qualifying examination percentile does not break ties, then higher percentage of marks in 10th examination will be ranked higher.
- In case 10th examination percentile does not break ties, then the candidate of elder age will be ranked higher.
Pragati Scholarship Scheme Reservation –
15% of the total seats are reserved for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidates.
Pragati Scholarship Scheme State-wise Distribution of No. of Scholarships in the Degree Course
|State/ UT||No. of Scholarships||State/ UT||No. of Scholarships|
Pragati Scholarship Scheme Apply Process –
- First, the applicants need to register themselves on the NSP Portal by clicking on the ‘New Registration’ button.
- Read the guidelines carefully and fill in all the details to complete the registration.
- After successful registration, the applicants will receive an application ID and password on their registered mobile number.
- Now, the candidates need to log in to the NSP Portal using their application ID and password to fill the Pragati application form.
- The applicants will be asked to change the password (a mandatory step).
- Thereafter, the applicants are required to fill the scholarship application form.
- The candidates must upload the scanned copies of the required documents and submit the application form.
- The host institution where the candidate is studying, required to verify the online application.
- Department of Technical Education (DTE) of respective State/ UT will verify these applications as second level of scrutiny.
Pragati Scholarship Scheme Terms and conditions-
- The gap period between the year of passing the qualifying examination and the session of admission in degree course should not be more than two years.
- Applications will be invited once in a year through NSP Portal of the Government of India.
- If a student is in reserved category and also qualified in General Category merit list of scholarship, then she will be counted under the General Category.
- Only verified online applications will be considered for the award of scholarship.
- Failed/ drop out candidate in subsequent year will not be eligible for further scholarship.
- The grant of scholarship is subject to the condition that the student does not receive any financial assistance in shape of scholarship/any emoluments, salary, stipend etc. from any other source during her course of study in the Institute.
- In case of receipt of any financial assistance from any other sources, the scholarship shall be discontinued
and the entire amount of scholarship will have to be refunded to AICTE by D/Draft drawn in favour of “Member Secretary, AICTE” payable at New Delhi.
- Scheme will be implemented and monitored by the AICTE.
- For converting CGPA to percentage, multiplying factor will be 9.5 (CGPA X 9.5 )
- In case both CGPA & total marks are given in the mark sheet, total marks will be considered for determining percentage.
- If grades are given like A1, A2, B1, B2 etc. in the mark sheet, first the grades will be converted into CGPA and then average CGPA will be calculated.
- Provisional list of shortlisted candidates will be uploaded on the AICTE web portal.
- In case, candidate has any query about merit list of scholarship, they may raise their grievances within a month.
- No query regarding merit list will be entertained after one month duration from the date of publishing of merit list on AICTE website.
- Query regarding non-payment of the scholarship due to invalid/ wrong account number will be entertained only upto six months from the date of publishing of merit list on AICTE website.
Pragati Scholarship Scheme Contact Details
Note – हमारी इस वेबसाइट का उद्देश्य आप तक सरकार द्वारा चलाई जा रही सभी योजनाओ की जानकारी पहुँचाना है।
अगर आपको ये जानकारी सही लगे तो दूसरो के साथ भी साँझा कीजिये।
कोई त्रुटि हो तो हमे जरूर बताए।