The Indian government has launched the Right to Repair portal with the objective to make it easier for consumers to repair their own electronics. Under this portal, you can file a complaint and within a few months, you will get a product manual through which you can repair your product. In this article, we are going to share all the details regarding the portal like befits, objectives, how to file complaints, etc.
Right To Repair Portal India
On 24 December 2022, on the occasion of National Consumer Day, Piyush Goyal launched the Right to Repair portal for consumers. In this portal, manufacturers will share product manuals with customers so that consumers can repair their products themselves or third parties instead of depending on the original manufacturers. The initial focus of the framework is agricultural equipment, mobile phones and tablets, consumer durables, automobiles, and automobile accessories.
|Right To Repair Portal
|The Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution, Government of India
|24 December 2022
|To Register An Online Complaint
Objective Of Right To Repair Portal
The objectives of the RTR Portal are:
- To reduce electronic waste.
- To resolve the problems as fast as possible.
- To provide manual details of the product so that they can repair it by themselves or by a third party.
Features & Benefits Of The Right To Repair Portal India
- For product maintenance and repair easier, the Government of India has launched the RTR portal.
- The portal is important as it will give consumers an opportunity to get their products repaired at optimum cost instead of buying entirely new products.
- Under this portal, a user manual of products will be provided to consumers so that they can repair by themselves and by third parties at a minimum cost.
- Important sectors for the initial focus of the framework are agricultural equipment, mobile phones and tablets, consumer durables, automobiles, and automobile accessories.
- People can extend the life of their equipment by repairing their electronics which can save people money and reduce the amount of electronic waste generated.
- The RTR portal empowers consumers as they provide a product manual to get their appliances repaired which reduces their dependence on manufacturers.
How To File A Complaint On The Right To Repair Portal?
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the RTR portal i.e. righttorepairindia.in.
- On the homepage, you have to click on File a Complaint.
- Choose the product type.
- Now a form will open on your screen.
- Fill in all the details asked in the form such as name, email id, address, phone number, etc.
- Now choose your state, enter your complaint, upload supporting evidence, and click on submit.
- After filling complaint successfully, you will get a confirmation email with a tracking number.
What Happens After Registering A Complaint?
Once the complaint is registered into the portal i.e. righttorepairindia.in, the (RTR Portal)Right To Repair team will review the complaint, and then within 90 to 150 days complaint. after that the team will resolve the problem of the consumers. Product manual details will be provided so they can repair it by themselves and do not have to depend on manufacturers.
Other Central Government Schemes