Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana | RVY Application Process 2023 | Benefits
The Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana has been launched by the Prime Minister of our country, Shri Narendra Modi. Yojana was started in 2017, basically under this Yojana elderly people of the country are benefitted. The scheme provides physical aids and assisted-living devices for senior citizens and the BPL category. The scheme is fully funded by the Central Government. Camps will be organized under this yojana through which necessary types of equipment will be distributed to senior citizens.
Today in this article we are going to discuss everything about Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana like its benefits, objectives, important highlights, eligibility criteria, documents required, equipment provided, districts covered, contact details, the application process, etc. So to know more stay connected with us.
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
As we all know that due to poverty many people are not able to do their proper treatment, keeping treatment aside they are not able to buy physical aids such as walkers, hearing aids, wheelchairs, etc due to poverty so keeping this in mind the benefit of this scheme will be provided to those elders of the country who are living below the poverty line.
Under this scheme, wheelchairs and other accessories will be provided free of cost to life-saving people living below the poverty line by the central government as well as free equipment will be distributed to eligible senior citizens according to their disability/weakness. These accessories will be of high quality and these devices will be manufactured as per the standards set by the Bureau of Indian Standards.
|Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana Highlights|
|About||Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana|
|Department||Department of Justice and Social Welfare|
|Launched by||Prime Minister of our country, Shri Narendra Modi|
|Launched on||The year 2017|
|Benefit||Providing accessories to senior citizens|
|Beneficiaries||Poor elderly citizens|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana Objectives
Objectives of Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana are as follows:-
- The main objective is to benefit the poor section of society facing difficulties in moving with increasing age.
- Providing support to the destitute elderly citizens.
- As you all know, after the completion of 60 years of age, older citizens need more support. Some older people are supported by their children in old age while some older people do not get support. To support such destitute old people, the Central Government has started the National Vyoshree Scheme. Through this scheme, free wheelchairs and other accessories will be provided to the elderly living below the poverty line.
Benefits availed under Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana are as follows:-
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to the elderly living below the poverty line who are suffering from any of the age-related disability like low vision, hearing impairment, loss of teeth and locomotor disability will be provided with such assisted-living devices.
- Under the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana 2023, devices will be provided to the beneficiary family absolutely free of cost.
- The number of devices to each beneficiary family of the country will depend on the number of beneficiary members in the family. Equipment will be provided to each beneficiary only after examination by a doctor.
At present around a total of 325 districts have been selected for the implementation of Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana. The assessment camps to identify the beneficiaries have been completed in 135 districts of which 77 distribution camps have been organized benefitting 70939 senior citizens belonging to the BPL category.
Salient features of Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana are as follows:-
- Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO) will undertake one-year free maintenance of the aids and assisted living devices. It is a public sector undertaking under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- As far as possible, 30% of the beneficiaries in each district shall be women.
- The devices will be distributed in camp mode.
- According to the 2011 census, the population of senior citizens in India is 10.38 crore. More than 70 percent of the senior citizens live in rural areas.
- Free pieces of equipment that’ll be provided under the scheme will help senior citizens to deal with age-related physical problems and reduce their dependence on other family members while allowing them to lead a better life.
- In case of multiple disabilities/weaknesses in the same person, different tools will be provided for each disability/weakness.
- The State government/UT Administration will identify beneficiaries in each district through a Committee chaired by the Deputy Commissioner/District Collector.
Equipment provided under Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana are as follows:-
- Walking stick
- Elbow crutches
- Hearing aid
- Artificial Dentures
The applicant needs to pass the following eligibility criteria for enrollment in Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana:-
- Applicant must be a resident of India.
- Under this scheme, those old people who are above 60 years of age will be considered eligible.
- Financially weaker families coming from BPL / APL category will be given the benefit of this scheme.
Applicant needs to have the following documents to enroll themselves in Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana:-
- Aadhar Card
- Ration card
- Identity card
- Related documents in case of going for pension.
- Certificate or medical report in the event of physical disability.
- Active mobile number
- Passport size photo
Interested beneficiaries of the country who want to take advantage of this scheme will have to apply under this scheme. After which the Central Government will provide life support to the elderly. So to enroll yourself follow the following steps:-
- Firstly, the applicant has to visit the official website of the Department of Justice and Social Welfare.
- After which a home page will open in front of you on which you will see the option of Vayoshri Registration.
- You have to click on this option. After clicking on the option, the next page will open in front of you.
- On this page, you will see the registration form, you will have to fill in all the questions asked in this registration form like name, address, state, city, mobile number, date of birth, age, etc.
After filling in all the information, upload all your necessary documents, and the captcha code has to be filled in.
- After this, you have to click on the button to submit.
- In this way, you can complete the registration process under the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana.
How to track Application
Follow the following steps to track your application:-
- Firstly, you have to go to the official website of the scheme.
- After visiting the official website, the home page will open in front of you.
- On this home page, you will see the option of Track & View, you have to click on this option. After clicking on the option, the next page will open in front of you.
- On this page, you have to fill in your registration number, etc. After this, you have to click on the search button.
- At last, the status of the application will appear in front of you.
In case you come across any query then given below are some helpline numbers, web address, email, you can take help from them:-
- Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India
- G.T. Road, Kanpur – 209217
- Ph.: 91-512-2770873, 2770687, 2770817
- Fax: 91-512-2770617, 2770051, 2770123
- Toll-Free No. 1800-180-5129
- Web: http://www.alimco.in
- E-mail: [email protected]
Note:- How did you like the information provided by us, please let us know in the comment section. For more details of any other scheme stay connected with us on https://yojanasarkari.in/. Thank you