Odisha Banishree Scholarship 2022 | banishree scholarship application form 2022 last date Application Form PDF | Application Process | Benefits | Objectives
The scheme is been inaugurated by the Government of Odisha. Basically under the Odisha Banishree Scholarship scheme children of the state will be benefitted as the government will provide scholarships to children with special needs. Only the residents of Odisha can take benefit from this scholarship scheme.
Today in this article we are going to discuss everything about Odisha Banishree Scholarship like its important highlights, objectives, benefits, eligibility criteria, required documents, the application process, etc. So to know more Odisha Banishree Scholarship stay connected with us till the end.
Odisha Banishree Scholarship 2022
Odisha Banishree Scholarship scheme came into effect on 1st April 2008. The main objective of this scheme is to promote education among children with special needs. Secondly, the government wants to motivate students to achieve their dreams by fulfilling their educational needs. Financial assistance will be provided to students so that they can complete their education without any problems and can achieve their desired goals.
Students pursuing technical, professional, or vocational training can also take benefit of this scheme. Through the Banishree scholarship scheme financial incentives from Rs 100 to Rs 250 are provided along with other allowances. The amount of the scholarship will be directly transferred into the bank account of the beneficiary. Only the residents of Odisha can take benefit from this scholarship scheme.
|Odisha Banishree Scholarship|
|About||Odisha Banishree Scholarship 2022|
|Launched by||Government of Odisha|
|Department||Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities Department|
|Beneficiaries||Children with special needs of the state|
|Benefit||Will get scholarship|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Odisha Banishree Scholarship 2022 Benefits
Benefits availed under this scheme are as follows:-
- Through this scholarship scheme, children with special needs will get financial assistance.
- Education will be promoted through this scheme with the children with special needs.
- Through this scholarship scheme financial incentives from Rs 100 to Rs 250 will be provided along with some other allowances.
- The government is going to finance the education of children with special needs with the help of this scholarship scheme.
- With the help of this scheme, children will be able to fulfill their dreams and can continue or start their studies.
- With the help of this scheme, children will be motivated to achieve their dreams by fulfilling their educational needs.
- Financial assistance will also be provided to children acquiring technical, professional, or vocational training.
- The amount of the scholarship will be directly transferred into the bank account of the beneficiary.
Odisha Banishree Scholarship Objectives
The main objectives of the scheme are as follows:-
- The main objective of this scheme is to promote education among children with special needs.
- Secondly, the government wants to motivate students to achieve their dreams by fulfilling their educational needs.
- Through this scholarship scheme financial assistance of Rs 100 to Rs 250 is provided per month to the students along with some special allowances so that the children can pursue their education without thinking about the financial burden.
- Under this scheme, students with disabilities will be able to earn a living.
Odisha Banishree Scholarship Beneficiaries
Beneficiaries who all can avail of benefits from this scheme are as follows:-
- Students getting primary education from class 1st to 5th.
- Those students who are pursuing in middle and High schools from class 6th to 10th(not covered under Government of India scholarship)
- College and university students(not covered under Government of India scholarship)
- Those students who are studying in the special school register under PWD act 1995(not covered under Government of India scholarship)
- Students who are pursuing distance education through recognized universities/ government institutes.
- Those students who are getting technical/vocational/professional education through recognized institutes.
Financial Assistance Provided
Financial assistance provided under Odisha Banishree Scholarship are as follows:-
|Primary Classes (Inside Odisha)||Rs. 100 per month|
|Middle and high school (Inside Odisha)||Rs. 140 per month|
|College ( Undergraduate inside Odisha)||Rs. 160 per month|
|College (Postgraduate inside Odisha)||Rs. 190 per month|
|Technical and Vocational Training (Inside Odisha)||Rs. 190 per month|
|For students who are pursuing a normal course of study or any kind of technical, vocational, professional education or training which is not available in Odisha||Rs. 250 per month|
Eligibility Criteria for Odisha Banishree Scholarship
Applicants need to pass the following eligibility criteria in order to enroll themselves:-
- Applicant must be a resident of Odisha.
- The applicant should be a regular student of a recognized institution.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not be more than Rs 60,000 per annum.
- The applicant should not be receiving any kind of financial assistance/stipend/scholarship from the state or central government under any other scheme.
- If the student has enrolled for this scholarship and is regularly attending the institution then he or she will continue to get the scholarship irrespective if he or she have passed in a particular year or not.
Documents Required for Odisha Banishree Scholarship
- Disability certificate issued by the medical board.
- Income certificate issued by revenue officer (not below the rank of tehsildar or any other officer of equivalent status)
- Those students who belong to the below poverty line category need not submit an income certificate.
- Marksheet of the last examination passed which should be duly attested by a gazetted officer of the head of the institution.
Sanctioning Authority of Odisha Banishree Scholarship 2022
- It is the responsibility of the concerned block development officer to sanction the scholarship if the school or educational institution up to the High School standard is situated in a rural area.
- If the school or educational institution is situated in an urban area then it is the responsibility of the sub-collector to sanction with scholarship.
- The head of the educational institution is required to verify the application by the records available with them and then recommend for sanction to BDO or sub-collector.
- After the receipt of the application, the sub-collector or BDO will sanction the scholarship in respect of municipality or NAC areas or rural areas.
- Now sanctioning the scholarship the BDO or sub-collector conveys the requirement of funds to the collector or DSWO by 31st August.
- After sanctioning the scholarship amount the BDO/ collector or head of the institution will see if the child is having zero balance account if his or her age is above 18 years and if he or she not having a zero balance account then the joint account will be opened in the name of the candidate and his or her mother or father.
- The district social welfare officer will then submit the requirement to the state government by 15 September.
- After getting the requirement state government will release the amount of the first allotment to the sub-collector or BDO by the end of September and balanced funds in the second allotment by the end of January.
Number of Beneficiaries District Wise
|District Name||Number of Beneficiaries|
|Jagat Singh Pur||0|
Reader’s and Transport Allowance
For students who have visually challenged the Government of Odisha provides a reader’s allowance under the Banishree Scholarship.
- For primary classes, the government is going to pay Rs 100 per month.
- For middle and high school the government is going to pay Rs 150 per month and for other studies, the government is going to pay Rs 200 per month.
- This assistance will only be provided when the head of the institution certifies that during the period of study the candidate employs a reader.
Other than that orthopedically handicapped students who have 75% or above disability will also be paid a monthly allowance of Rs 100 per month as transport allowance because they will require special arrangements for transport.
Application Process for Odisha Banishree Scholarship
- Firstly, the applicant has to go to the sub-collector/ block development officer/ head of school/ colleges/ educational institutions to collect the application form. It is the responsibility of the district social welfare officer to get an adequate number of forms printed.
You can also download the application form from the link given below:-
- After that, you have to fill in all the information in this form by entering all the required details like your name, mobile number, email id, etc, and then attach all the required documents.
- After that, you have to submit this form to the same place from where you have collected it.
- The head of the educational institution is required to verify the information filled by the candidate with the records available with them.
- After that, the educational institution will submit these applications to the sub-collector or BDO.
- The BDO or sub-collector will transfer the scholarship amount into the bank accounts of the beneficiary in two installments.
- By following this procedure you can apply for the Odisha Banishree Scholarship.
- Firstly the applicant needs to go to the official website.
- The home page will open before you on which you have to click on Banishree Scholarship.
- Now you have to select a new application and click on proceed.
- Now an application form will open before you on which you have to enter the following details like name, gender, year, nature of the disability, date of birth, age, police station, citizenship status, Aadhar number, social category, district, subdivision, address, bank account details, active mobile number, etc.
- Now you have to upload all the required documents and then click on submit details and take a print copy.
- In this way, you can register yourself for Odisha Banishree Scholarship.
If the applicant came across any query then they can take help from the following details:-
- Email Id- [email protected]
- Helpline Number- 18003457150
Do read our other articles on our website:- Click Here
What is Odisha Banishree Scholarship?
- Under this scheme children of the state will be benefitted as the government will provide scholarships to children with special needs.
How to apply for Odisha Banishree Scholarship?
- There are two ways for applying one offline process and another online. Choose any according to your conveneince, both the application processes have been discussed by us.
What is the amount of assistance that is been provided?
- Through this scholarship scheme financial assistance of Rs 100 to Rs 250 is provided per month to the students along with some special allowances.
Note:- How did you like the information provided by us, please let us know in the comment section. For more details of any other scheme stay connected with us on https://yojanasarkari.in/. Thank you