nss | nss full form | what is national service scheme | national career service
National Service Scheme:-
The concerned Government of India officials introduced the National Service Scheme for students who want to take part in volunteer activities throughout their college years. The national service program provides a range of opportunities for students to develop a range of skills. The students are welcome to participate in any activity that this program offers. The program has been launched to keep an eye on the children’s characteristics so they can improve society and the environment. Under the national service program, students who volunteer also receive compensation in some form. Learn more about the National Service Scheme (NSS) by reading the article below.
National Service Scheme
On September 24, 1969, The National Service Scheme (NSS) was started by Dr. V.K.R.V. Rao. Dr. V.K.R.V. Rao was the education minister at that time. NSS is an additional part of the activities offered in India’s higher education system, aimed at enabling students to develop their personality by doing community service while pursuing their studies. The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India is responsible for the security of the event. Under NSS, students have to complete 2 years of service in addition to their education. According to the program, students must complete 120 hours of community service annually and participate in at least one unique camp activity.
|Article About||National Service Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Beneficiaries||Students of India|
|Objective||Providing different types of activities with a salary|
The public level in India is the nodal authority that works with NSS units at the state level. The upkeep of state-level NSS cells falls under the purview of individual state governments. A university-level NSS cell is present at each college in a state, and it serves as the administrative hub for establishment-based NSS units (found in schools and universities). Most governments and charitable organizations that get funding from the government have volunteer NSS units. Establishments encourage NSS volunteers. A unit typically has 20 to 40 understudies. The person in charge of them inside is a representative from the school or schools, and this representation reports to the regional NSS facilitator. Because NSS volunteers are so remarkable and dedicated to India’s government help, most organizations do not have a particular uniform for them.
The program strives to aid society without discrimination and to give students hope that they can qualify for social government assistance. Making sure that everyone experiencing homelessness may access support to enhance their quality of life and live with dignity is a top concern for NSS volunteers. By doing this, volunteers gain insight into how town residents manage to live honorable lives while having few resources. It also provides food, clothing, and medical assistance to disaster victims, both natural and man-made. The main objective is to develop artificial power, which will be essential for resolving issues facing people.
- The organization’s main advantage is its understanding of the community in which it operates.
- The organization also promotes interactions within the community.
- Along with identifying community needs and problems, the organization must involve the community in problem-solving.
- Additionally, it promotes a sense of civic and social responsibility. It helps in using knowledge to develop solutions to problems impacting both people and communities.
- It also helps build shared accountability and competency.
- The organization will aid people in strengthening their skills by having them volunteer.
- People will also be able to improve their leadership abilities. The participants will battle natural disasters.
- Awareness Rallies
- Inviting doctors to health camps
- Stage shows or a procession creating awareness of such issues as social problems, education, and cleanliness
- The Indian government entirely funds the NSS Regional Directorates, State NSS Cells, and Empanelled Training Institute (ETI).
- For use in the adopted villages and urban slums, respectively, a sum of Rs 250 per volunteer per annum and Rs 450 per volunteer for each Special Camping Programme (SCP) of seven days are made available.
- The applicant must be a resident of India.
- The candidate needs to be registered in the 11th, 12th, and +2 board-level classes.
- Students and graduates from technical institutions in India’s colleges and universities.
- India’s colleges and universities provide postgraduate degrees.
How to Apply for the National Service Program
All students have the chance to directly participate in the National Service Scheme by enrolling in any university or college in India.
Other Welfare Posts on Our Site
- राष्ट्रीय शिक्षुता संवर्धन योजना 2023: NAPS Online, National Apprenticeship Promotion, ऑनलाइन आवेदन फॉर्म
- प्रधानमंत्री कौशल विकास योजना 2023: ऑनलाइन रजिस्ट्रेशन, आवेदन
- PMKVY Certificate Download: PMKVY Certificate डाउनलोड कैसे करें
- PMKVY Free Courses List 2023: Free Training करें मनचाहे कोर्स के साथ|
Student character development through volunteerism.
National Service Scheme’s motto or watchword is “NOT ME BUT YOU”.
The color navy blue symbolizes the universe, of which the NSS is a little part, and conveys that it is ready to make a fair contribution to the welfare of humanity.