Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme: The beauty of Meghalaya is still untouched and not known to the world. To promote tourism and make transportation comfortable the Meghalaya government has started Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme. Today in this article we are going to discuss everything about the scheme like its documents, objectives, benefits, important highlights, the application process, etc. So to know more stay connected with us.
Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle SchemeOn 30 June, the Chief Minister of Meghalaya Mr Conrad K. Sangma started the Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme. The purpose of this scheme is to promote the tourism sector of the state and provide comfortable transportation to the tourist. As we know, the beauty of the Northeast is still untouched and undiscovered so to attract tourists and give tourists a safe and comfortable journey this scheme is started. Under this scheme, the state government will provide a 50% subsidy and a two-year loan repayment period to the tour operator and individuals on Inova crysta. The state government will also provide financial assistance with a 90% down payment. Under the scheme, 16 Innova Crysta vehicles are already made available on the launch day. The state tourist department selected 50 individuals and groups for the scheme out of 600 applications.
|Name||Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Yojana|
|Introduced By||CM Conrad K Sangma|
|Introduced On||30th June 2023|
|Objective||To provide a better travel experience|
|Beneficiaries||Tour Operators & Individuals|
|Subsidy Offered||50 Percent|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme Meghalaya Future PlanningCM Mr Conrad K. Sangma stated that the initial goal of the scheme is to increase the number of vehicles to 50 in this fiscal year (2023–24) but if the state government get a positive response then the number can go higher than anticipated. The goal of this scheme is to register 250 vehicles under this scheme but if the response is positive the no of registered vehicles can go upto 500.
Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme ObjectivesThe objectives of the Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Yojana are:
- To encourage and promote the tourism in state.
- To make the transportation and tour of tourists smooth and comfortable.
- To help the tour operators and individuals by providing them Inova crysta at a subsidized rate.
Benefits Of The Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme
- By implementation of this scheme, employment will be increased in the state.
- Road network connectivity will be good so that the tourist can travel and explore the beauty of Meghalaya with comfort.
- The Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme will help increase tourism in the state which will increase the state GDP and be beneficial for the locals also.
- There are many people who are working as tour operators and or individual drivers who cannot afford to buy Inova crysta so under this scheme they will be able to get it at a subsidized price.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Meghalaya.
- Tour operators and any individuals can apply for the scheme.