Marriage Certificate Punjab | Punjab Marriage Certificate Online Apply | Punjab Marriage Certificate Application Status | Punjab Marriage Certificate Download
We all know what is marriage certificate and what is its importance. If you are a resident of Punjab and want to apply for a marriage certificate then you do not have to the government office to apply for it you can do it by sitting at home through an online portal. Today in this article we will provide the complete details about the Marriage Certificate Punjab such as eligibility, documents required, objectives, benefits, how to apply for it, etc so that it will be easier for you guys to understand and apply for the scheme so be with us till the end of the article.
Marriage Certificate Punjab
A marriage certificate is one of the most important documents for married couples. According to Indian law, it is mandatory for every citizen to register and gets a marriage certificate. The marriage certificate acts as proof of marriage or certified that the couple is legally married. A marriage certificate is needed to update the various types of documents like immigration, visa, Pan name change, etc. If you are a newlywed couple and want to apply for marriage registration then you can visit your municipality office or tehsildar office or you can apply for it through the online portal of the Punjab government.
|Marriage Certificate Punjab
|Government Of Punjab
|To Provide Marriage Certificate
|Resident Of Punjab
Benefits Of Marriage Certificate Punjab
- A marriage certificate certifies that both couples are legally married.
- It is mandatory for every citizen of India to register their marriage and obtain a marriage certificate after marriage.
- The marriage certificate is needed after marriage to update the various types of documents like immigration, visa, Pan name change, etc
- To get the benefits of government subsidies and schemes specially started for married women marriage certificate is needed.
- Residents of Punjab can apply for a marriage certificate offline as well as online.
- The certificate will be issued within one month of marriage registration.
Objective Of Marriage Certificate Punjab
The objective of the Punjab marriage certificate is to s to provide a marriage certificate to the couples after their marriage. Through the marriage certificate, they can avail the benefits of various government schemes and services. They can apply for it from anywhere and anytime through the official website of govt of Punjab.
|If you applied for it within one month of marriage
|If you applied after one month and within one year
|If you applied for it after one year of marriage
Apart from the above fees applicant have to pay extra Rs 200 for the certificate
- If the registration of marriage is done within 3 months they have to visit the tahsildar office.
- If the registration of marriage is done within a period of 6 months they can go to the SDM (Sub-District Magistrate) office
- They can go to the office of the Deputy Commissioner to register the marriage within one year of the marriage.
- If the registration of marriage is done after one year the couple has to seek the permission and order of the
- Chief Registrar, Interior Department Secretary for marriage registration.
The eligibility criteria for Punjab Marriage Certificate are as follows:
- At the time of marriage, the age of the groom should be at least 21 years or above and the bride must be at least 18 years of age or above
- Both the bride and groom or one of them should be permanent residents of Punjab.
- Registration for marriage has to be done after one month of marriage
- If the bride or groom is divorced then it is mandatory to give a divorce certificate
- In case of remarriage, it is mandatory to submit the death certificate of the spouse.
Documents Required For Marriage Certificate Punjab
The following documents are needed to apply for Punjab Marriage Certificate:
- Identity proof of witnesses
- Age proof of both bride and groom
- Residence Proof
- Aadhar cards of both couple
- Marriage pictures of both couples.
- Invitation card of marriage
- Residential certificate.
- Certificate attested by the officer if the bride wants to change her name after marriage
- No objection certificate by the embassy of the foreign country (if married abroad)
- Passport size photograph of bride and groom
How To Apply Online For Punjab Marriage Certificate?
- First of all, you have to visit the official website government of Punjab.
- On the homepage, you have to click on the marriage certificate Punjab.
- Now application form will open on your screen.
- Fill in all the details asked in the application form.
- Upload all the documents asked in the application form.
- After completing the application form click on submit.
- Now you will get a reference or application number and save it for future use.
How To Apply Offline For Punjab Marriage Certificate?
- First of all, you have to visit the municipality office in an urban area and the SDM (sub-district magistrate) office in a rural area.
- Now take the marriage registration from the office.
- Fill in all the details asked in the application form carefully.
- After filling in the application form attached the photocopy of the document with the application form and submit it to the office.
- By following this simple procedure you can apply offline for a marriage certificate.
NOTE:- Stay connected to our website Yojanasarkari for information about any scheme related to Central Government and State Government scheme