LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana | AABY Application Process
LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana is being monitored by LIC (Life Insurance Corporation). Basically, under this scheme, rural landless families are benefited. Financial assistance will be provided in the form of life insurance to low-income landless families of rural areas such as fishermen, cobblers, auto drivers, etc.
Today in this article we are going to share everything related to this scheme like its benefits, objectives, eligibility criteria, required documents, important highlights, the application process, etc. So to know more stay connected with us.
LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana
This scheme policy is a social security scheme. The scheme will provide coverage to the head of a landless family in rural areas of the state for partial and permanent disability or to an earning member of the family with the benefit of life insurance coverage.
No premium will be charged from the accidental death/disability policyholder under this scheme. If a person dies due to natural causes under Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2021, LIC will be provided a lump sum of Rs 30,000 in insurance money to his family.
|LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Highlights|
|About||LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana|
|Inaugurated by||Life Insurance Corporation|
|Benefits||Financial Assistance is provided|
|Beneficiaries||Rural landless families|
|Official Website||Click Here|
LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Objectives
The main objectives of the scheme are as follows:-
- The main objective of this scheme is to provide life insurance to members of rural landless families.
- Under LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana, financial assistance will be provided on death as well as disability.
- If the beneficiary registered under the scheme dies or becomes disabled, the family of the beneficiary will be provided a sum ranging from ₹ 30000 to ₹ 75000.
- Through this scheme, poor families will get help in fighting the financial assistance that comes due to the death of a family member or due to their disability.
Benefits availed under this scheme are as follows:-
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to the poor families of the unorganized areas / low class of rural areas.
- AABY 2021 not only provides death as well as disability benefits but also guarantees that at least 2 children in the family continue to receive an education without a break.
- Under this insurance scheme, a scholarship will be given to a maximum of two children studying between 9th to 12th, at the rate of Rs 300 per child. It will be paid on a half-yearly basis.
- Under the LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2021, a nominal amount of Rs 30,000 will be given to the nominee if the member dies naturally during the period of insurance protection in the poor family.
- If the death of the registered person is due to an accident or disability, then the nominee will be provided an amount of 75,000 according to the policy.
- Even after the death of the person, the nominee of the insured can file a claim in LIC, for which they have to submit a death claim form and after the verification, the claim amount will be transferred to the beneficiary account.
In case of natural death, the claim form and death certificate will have to be submitted.
In case of death due to an accident, a copy of FIR lodged with the local police, post mortem report, police investigation report, and a final police report will have to be submitted.
Applicant needs to pass the following eligibility criteria in order to enroll themselves:-
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- Applicants must be between 18 and 59 years of age.
- Under this scheme, the applicant should belong to Below Poverty Line (BPL).
- Families slightly above the poverty line are part of any occupational group mentioned in the scheme.
- Rural landless families will also be considered eligible under this scheme.
- The beneficiary should be the head of the family and there should be only one earning person in the family.
The ineligibility criteria of the scheme are as follows:-
- Mental illness
- Pregnancy or delivery
- War or related crisis
- Medical expenses due to an accident
- Injury or death due to criminal activity violating the law
- Injury or death due to participation in dangerous sports
- Injury or death due to chemical, biological or radioactive weapons
LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Beneficiaries
Beneficiaries under the scheme are as follows:-
- Briquette worker
- Bidi laborer
- Handloom weaver
- Handicraft artisan
- Khadi weaver
- Lady tailor
- Physically handicapped citizens
- Papad worker
- Milk producer
- Auto driver
- Rickshaw driver
- Cleaning worker
- Forest worker
- Urban poor
- Paper producer
- Anganwadi Teacher
- Construction workers
- Plantation laborers
Applicants need to have the following documents in order to enroll themselves:-
- Aadhar Card
- Identity card
- Ration card
- Birth certificate
- School certificate evidence
- Voter ID
- Active mobile number
- Passport size photo
Follow the following steps in order to enroll yourself:-
- Firstly go to the official website.
- On the home page, you will see the option of applying LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana online, you will have to click on this option.
- After clicking on the option, the application form will open in front of you. You have to fill in all the required information asked in this application form.
- After filling in all the information you have to click on the submit button. In this way, you will be applied.
Do read our other articles on our website:-Click Here
Note:- How did you like the information provided by us, please let us know in the comment section. For more details of any other scheme stay connected with us on https://yojanasarkari.in/. Thank you