Free Ration Card | State Wise List 2021 | Application Process
Ration card is one of the important documents for every citizen of India. Ration card is used everywhere for making documents like Domicile, Voter ID card, etc. The family gets a ration based on a ration card issued to them. The central government is going to provide free Ration Card facilities to the poor people of the country. People of the country who belong to APL and BPL families but do not have ration cards are all eligible for a free ration card scheme under the central or state government scheme.
Today in this article, we will discuss everything about the Free Ration Card like its important highlights, objectives, benefits, eligibility criteria, required documents, the application process, use of a ration card, etc. So to know more stay connected with us.
Free Ration Card
A Ration card provides an identity to a person as well authorizes the holder to a ration of food, kerosene, wheat, or other goods issued by the government. As we all know that the Coronavirus crisis is going on in the whole country, due to which the Prime Minister of our country, Narendra Modi Ji has locked down 21 days in the whole country to protect the people of the country, which is now till May 3. Due to which the poor people of the country are getting very hard to live their lives, they do not have money to buy food items, so all the state governments have given free ration items to their state’s people.
|Free Ration Card Highlights|
|About||Free Ration Cards|
|Department||Food and Civil Supplies Department|
|Benefit||Free Ration Cards will be provided|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of the state|
Free Ration Card Objectives
Objectives of Free Ration Cards are as follows:-
- The main purpose of the free ration card is to make the ration card available to needy people so that they can buy food items in this tough time.
- You can apply online through the official website sitting at home. This will save both your time and money and will bring transparency to the system.
- Through the ration card, you can get ration provided by the government at discounted rates.
- Ration cards are also used as an essential document for availing various government schemes.
Types of Ration Card
The types of ration card are as follows:-
- APL Ration Card – This ration card has been issued by the government for the citizens of the country who live above the poverty line but fall below the middle-class category.
- BPL Ration Cards – These rations have been issued to the people of the country who are living below the poverty line.
- AA Y Ration Card – This ration card has been issued to those people who are living in extreme poverty and are financially weaker than other people.
- Annapurna Card – These ration cards have been issued to those people who are helpless, very poor and lack income, and have no source of income. Such citizens are also included who are entitled to get National Pension Scheme but are not getting pension. He can easily get a pension through this Annapurna card.
Duplicate Ration Card
In case your ration card is lost or damaged then you can get a duplicate ration card for which you can apply offline or online. You need to remember that get a duplicate ration card, it is mandatory to have a lost ration card number, passport size photo of the head of the family, an Aadhaar card, and an application form for all the family members. In the application, you have to explain the reason behind your application. If your ration card was stolen, you would get F.I.R. Photocopy of the same will have to be submitted along with your application form.
Delhi government has started the facility of temporary ration card to those people of the state who do not have a ration card, under this, the benefit of free ration is being given to those who have a ration card, Delhi government distributes ration to those people. All the financially poor people of Delhi can avail the benefits of the temporary ration card scheme in this Delhi.
Ration Card Uses
Ration Card can be used in many ways:-
- To get a gas connection
- To get ration at concessional rates from FPS
- To get passport
- To open a bank account
- To get life insurance
- To get a driving license
- To get a voter ID card
- To buy a sim card
- For school college
- For court office
- For making other government documents
- To take scholarship
Applicants need to pass the following eligibility criteria to enroll themselves for Free Ration Card:-
- Applicants must provide proof of residence who are residing there.
- Ration card criteria will vary from rural to urban areas.
- Ration card will be issued only in the name of the head of the family.
Applicant needs to have the following documents for enrollment on Free Ration Card:-
- Aadhar Card
- Pan card
- Passport size photo of the head of the family
- Income certificate
- Gas connection details
- Caste certificate
- Bank account passbook
- Active mobile number
Documents required to add a new member’s name to the ration card
If you want to add a new member’s name to the ration card then you need to have the following documents:-
- Aadhar Card
- Original ration card
- Childbirth certificate
- Aadhar card of parents
To add the name of the family bride
- Marriage certificate
- Husband’s original ration card
- Parent’s Ration Card Nomination Certificate
Free Ration Card State Wise List
|Arunachal Pradesh||Apply Here|
|Andhra Pradesh||Apply Here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Apply Here|
|Jammu Kashmir||Apply Here|
|Madhya Pradesh||Apply Here|
|Tamil Nadu||Apply Here|
|Uttar Pradesh||Apply Here|
To register yourself for a Free Ration Card follow the following steps:-
- Firstly, you have to visit the official portal of food distribution of his state.
- After which a home page will in front of you on which you will easily find the link applicable to e-coupon / temporary ration card. You have to click on this option. After clicking on the option, the next page will open in front of you on the computer screen.
- On this page, you will have to enter the mobile number and click on the submit button. After submitting you will receive an OTP. Submit the same on the website to verify and once it is verified a form will open.
- Now the submission details will vary in different states where you need to submit them. Some basic details are the name of the head of the family, age, Aadhaar number, and the number of the member in the family.
- Later, you need to submit the constituency and fill the full address in it. Now after that you will have to upload the Aadhaar card photo of the head of the family and the photos of the family members.
- After submitting the details you will get a message from the authority on your registered mobile number which contains a link. Once you click on the link, you can download the temporary ration card and provide the ration to the nearest dealer for this temporary ration card.
Statewise Helpline Numbers
|State||Helpline Numbers||Landline Numbers and Email ID|
|West Bengal||1967, 1800-345-5505||03322535293, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Uttarakhand||1800-180-2000, 1800-180-4188||01352780765, email@example.com|
|Uttar Pradesh||1967, 1800-180-0150||05512239296, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tripura||1967, 1800-345-3665||03812326308, email@example.com|
|Telangana||1967, 1800-4250-0333||04023310462, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tamil Nadu||1967, 1800-425-5901||04325665566, 04428592828, email@example.com|
|Sikkim||1967, 1800-345-3236||03592202708, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Punjab||1967, 1800-3006-1313||01722742803, email@example.com|
|Puducherry||1800-425-1082 (Puducherry), 1800-425-1083 (Karaikal), 1800-425-1084 (Mahe), 1800-425-1085 (Yanam)||04132253345, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Odisha||1967, 1800-345-6724, 1800-345-6760||06742536892, email@example.com|
|Nagaland||1800-345-3704, 1800-345-3705||03702233347, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mizoram||1967, 1860-222-222-789, 1800-345-3891||03892322872, email@example.com|
|Meghalaya||1967, 1800-345-3670||0364-2224108, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Manipur||1967, 1800-345-3821||0385-2450137, 0385-2451144, 0385-2450064, 8413975150, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|Maharashtra||1967, 1800-22-4950||022-22025308, 022-22024592, 022-22042314, 22025277, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Madhya Pradesh||1967, 181||07552441675, email@example.com|
|Lakshadweep||1800-425-3186||04896263703, +91-4896-262012, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|Kerala||1967, 1800-425-1550||04712320578, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karnataka||1967, 1800-425-9339||080-22259024, 080 – 22034562, email@example.com|
|Jharkhand||1967, 1800-345-6598, 1800-212-5512||06512400960, 0651-712-2723, 0896-958-3111, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jammu and Kashmir||1967, 1800-180-7011 (Kashmir), 1800-180-7106 (Jammu)||01942506084, 01912566188, 01912472375, email@example.com|
|Himachal Pradesh||1967, 1800-180-8026||01772623749, 01772623746, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|Haryana||1967, 1800-180-2087||01722701366, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gujarat||1967, 1800-233-5500||07923251163, 07923251165, 07923251170, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Goa||1967, 1800-233-0022||08322226084, email@example.com|
|Delhi||1967, 1800-110-841||011-23378759, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Daman and Diu||1967||02602230607, email@example.com|
|Dadar and Nagar haveli||1967, 1800-233-4004||0260-2640663, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chhattisgarh||1967, 1800-233-3663||0771-2511974, email@example.com|
|Chandigarh||1967, 1800-180-2068||01722703956, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Assam||1967, 1800-345-3611||9435064841, directorfcsca-as@email@example.com|
|Arunachal Pradesh||1967||03602244290, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Andaman and Nicobar Island||1967, 1800-343-3197||03192233345, email@example.com|
|Andhra Pradesh||1967, 1800-425-2977||040-23494808 / 822, firstname.lastname@example.org|