FosCos FSSAI Portal Registration, Food License, Penalty: It is mandatory for all Food Business operators to have a food license if they want to run their businesses. Food License is issued by the Food Safety &Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). Depending on the size and nature of the company Food license is issued to the FBOs. Today in this article, we will provide complete details about the FSSAI Portal Registration and its services. So read the article till the end.
FSSAI Portal Registration 2023
The FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. It is a legal authority department that offers food licenses to food business operators in India. Through the FSSAI FoSCoS portal, you can register for an FSSAI license online. Through the official website i.e. foscos.fssai.gov.in you can apply for a food license and also download your FSSAI certificate.
The FSSAI Portal registration process is simple and easy. The process of registering with FSSAI requires obtaining a 14-digit registration number. Food Business Operators (FBOs) are eligible for essential, central, and state licenses depending on their installed capacity and turnover.
Service Offered By The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
- Checking the status of a food license application
- Modifying details in a food license, such as the business name, address, or contact information
- Applying for a license or registration
- Withdrawing an FSM certificate and security deposit
- Paying fees online
Who Needs FSSAI Registration
All the Food Business Operators (FBOs) in India must have to register with the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). The FSSAI is responsible for registering and licensing FBOs. The FSSAI registration ensures that food products are safe and undergo quality checks.
- FBOs with an annual turnover of more than ₹ 12 lakh.
- Small and medium-sized units like traders, storage warehouses, marketers, and those dealing with the transport of food items.
- Wholesalers, distributors, suppliers, retailers, food vending establishments, hawkers, clubs, canteens, Dhabas, hotels, and restaurants.
- Petty producers manufacture by itself.
- A makeshift stall selling food products.
Types Of FSSAI Registration
- Basic Registration: It is for businesses with an annual turnover of less than Rs 12 lakhs
- State Registration: It is for businesses with an annual turnover between Rs 12 lakhs and Rs 20 crores
- Central Registration: It is for businesses with an annual turnover of more than Rs 20 crores.
FSSAI Registration Eligibility Criteria
FSSAI Basic Registration Eligibility
- Manufacturing units with a capacity of up to 2 MT per day.
- Dairy units handling business up to 5,000 litres per day.
- Petty food businesses including hawkers, itinerant vendors, and temporary stall holders.
State Registration Eligibility
- Must have an annual turnover between Rs 12 lakh and Rs 20 crore
- Should be operating in a single-state
- Have a manufacturing unit with a capacity of 2MT per day
- Have a dairy unit that handles up to 5,000 litres per day
- Deal with proprietary foods
- Produce and process vegetable oil using solvent extraction
FSSAI Central Registration Eligibility
- An annual turnover of more than Rs. 20 crores
- Operating in multiple states
- Processing, transporting, manufacturing, and trading food products internationally
- Dairy units that procure, handle, or collect more than 50,000 litres of liquid milk per day or 2500 MT of milk solid per annum
Documents Required For FSSAI License/ Registration
|Common Documents For All Category||
|Extra Documents For FSSAI State License/Registration||
|Extra Documents For FSSAI State License/Registration||
FSSAI Portal Registration: License Cost
|Category||Central License (1 Year)||State License (1 Year)||FSSAI Registration (1 Year)||Konkan/Indian Railway (1 Year)|
|New Application||7500 INR||2000- 5000 INR||100||2000|
|Renewal Application||7500 INR||2000- 5000 INR||100||2000|
|Modification of License/Certificate||7500 INR||2000- 5000 INR||100||2000|
|Duplicate License/Certificate||10% of the Applicable License Fee||10% of the Applicable License Fee||10% of the Applicable Certificate Fee||10% of the Applicable Certificate Fee|
Penalty For Non-compliance
|Food quality is not in compliance with the act||2 Lakh Petty manufacturer – 25,000/-|
|Sub-standard food||5 Lakh|
|Misbranded Food||3 Lakh|
|Misleading advertisement or false description||10 Lakh|
|Extraneous matter in food||1 Lakh|
|Failure to comply with Food safety officer direction||2 Lakh|
|Unhygienic processing or manufacture||1 Lakh|
Steps To Apply for FSSAI License and Registration
- First of all, visit the official website of the FoSCoS.
- On the homepage, click on the “signup” option.
- Now enter the details: Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Login ID, and Password.
- Click on the “Signup” button.
- Now you will receive a verification code on the registered email and mobile number.
- Enter the verification code in the provided box.
- Click on the “Submit” option to verify the details.
- After successful verification, enter the portal using the username and password.
Registration of Petty Food Business Operators
- Log in to the portal.
- Click on the “Apply for Registration Certificate (Petty Food Business Operators)” option.
- Verify OTP (One-Time Password).
- Select the “New Registration” option.
- A new application page will open.
- Provide all required details in the application for the registration of Petty FBO.
- Submit the application.
Steps For New Application (Registration/ License)
- Log in to the portal and access the dashboard.
- Click on the “License/Registration” option in the left menu.
- Select the “Apply for New License/Registration” option.
- Choose your state and read the provided note before proceeding.
- Review the Group Heads of Kind of Business and select “Restaurant” from the food services Business Group Head.
- Select the appropriate radio button based on your food business turnover and proceed to fill out the application.
- Complete all the mandatory fields as specified in the application Form B.
- Provide communication details carefully, as all official communication will be sent to the contact details you provide, such as Mobile Number or Email ID.
- Upload the required set of documents.
- Pay the applicable fee using the available payment modes.
- Click on the “Apply” button.
- After completing the fee payment, a receipt will be generated with a 17-digit reference number for future reference.
Steps For Renewing a Food Business Operator License Or Registration
- FBOs can request the renewal of their existing licenses/registrations using the “Renewal” tab on the portal.
- The renewal application must be submitted within the timeframe of 120 days to 30 days before the current license/registration’s expiry date.
- After processing the renewal request, the FSSAI authorities will update the status to ‘Registration Certificate Issued.’
- Applicants can then log in to the FoSCoS website to download the renewed certificate.