स्वच्छ भारत अभियान | What is Swachh Bharat Mission
Swachh Bharat Mission– Cleanliness is not given any attention in our country. You must have seen that any big state or city or village or any street or locality of our country – you will find garbage there too. To make our country clean, the Government of India has come out with a new scheme, which has been named ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’. Under this campaign, all the countrymen have been asked to participate in it. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is the most important cleanliness campaign run by the Government of India.
What is Swachh Bharat Mission?
The Swachh Bharat Mission is a mass movement that strives to create a clean India. This campaign is running officially since 1999, earlier its name was Rural Sanitation Campaign, but on 1 April 2012, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh changed the scheme to Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan and later the government reconstituted it. It was renamed as Complete Sanitation Campaign.
when was the swachh bharat mission launched?
It was approved by the Union Cabinet on 24 September 2014 as Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. The father of our nation Shri Mahatma Gandhi always emphasizes clean because clean India leads to a healthy and prosperous life. Keeping this in mind, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 2nd October 2014 on the occasion of the 145th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. This mission will cover all rural and urban areas.
What will be done under Swachh Bharat Mission?
- The urban component of the mission will be implemented by the Ministry of Urban Development and the rural component by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
Addressing the gathering at Rajpath, he asked the nationalists to participate in the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and make it a success.
- Narendra Modi while addressing said- “The cleanliness of the country is not the responsibility of the sweepers alone, is there no role of the citizens in this, we have to change this mindset.”
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had sweep the streets in Valmiki Basti of Delhi to spread awareness about cleanliness among the people.
Due to this, there should be awareness among the people of the country that if the Prime Minister of our country can sweep the road to clean the country, then we also have to keep cleanliness around us to keep our country clean.
- The Prime Minister appreciated the efforts made by the public and various departments and institutions to participate in the Swachh Bharat Mission and contribute to the creation of a clean India. Shri Narendra Modi has always openly praised the participation of the public in social media. Simultaneously, as a part of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, a campaign ‘#MyCleanIndia‘ has also been started to highlight the contribution of citizens in this campaign being run for cleanliness.
Purpose of Swachh Bharat Mission
The main objective of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is to make society aware of cleanliness. It’s not just about the cleanliness of your surroundings. Rather, a clean India has to be built with the participation of citizens. When India remains clean, only then India will move forward. Following are the points of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
(1) The first objective of this campaign is that every corner of the country should be clean.
(2) Stop defecation in the open, due to which thousands of children die every year.
(3) Keeping the villages clean.
(4) To get about 11 crores 11 lakh individual, group toilets constructed in which Rs. 1 lakh 34 thousand crores will be spent.
(5) Keeping roads, pavements and settlements clean.
(6) Changing the mindset of the people by using proper sanitation.
(7) To promote toilet use and initiate public awareness.
(8) Installation of pipelines in villages by ensuring water supply to all households by 2019 so that cleanliness is maintained.
(9) To create awareness about cleanliness among all through cleanliness.
Official website of Swachh Bharat Mission – स्वच्छ भारत वेबसाइट लिंक
The Government of India has divided the ‘Swachh Bharat Mission into two parts. One is Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Rural and the other Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Urban
Swachh Bharat Mission Rural
- Under this, a target has been set to build toilets in every household in villages and make them open defecation-free. The mission aims to make India an open defecation-free country in five years.
- It seeks to improve the level of sanitation in rural areas through solid and liquid waste management activities and make village panchayats Open Defecation Free (ODF), clean, and sanitized.
- Under the mission, one lakh thirty-four thousand crore rupees will be spent for the construction of about 11 crores 11 lakh toilets in the country.
- An independent agency named NARSS has conducted a survey on how many rural areas of India have been able to become open defecation-free.
- The survey, conducted between November 2017 and March 2018, found toilets in 77 percent of rural households and also stated that 93.4 percent of the people in India use toilets.
Click on this website to see the statistics of Swachh Bharat Gramin – Swachh Bharat Gramin website link
Swachh Bharat Mission Urban
- Apart from homes, there should be toilets in public places as well, this is the aim of this mission.
- The program includes the elimination of open defecation, insertion of flush toilets, manual scavenging, conversion of unequal toilets to bring about behavioral change among people about municipal solid waste management and healthy sanitation practices.
- The mission aims to cover 1.04 crore households. to provide 2.5 lakh community toilets, 2.6 lakh public toilets, and a solid waste management facility in each city.
- Under the program, community toilets will be built in residential areas where it is difficult to construct individual household toilets.
- Public toilets will also be constructed in public places like tourist places, markets, bus stations, railway stations etc.
- The program will be implemented over a period of five years in 4,401 cities.
- The program is likely to cost Rs 62,009 crore.
- Of this, the Center will pitch for Rs 14,623 crore.
- Of the Centre’s share of Rs 14,623 crore, Rs 7,366 crore will be spent on solid waste management, Rs 4,165 crore on individual household toilets, Rs 1,828 crore on public awareness and Rs 655 crore on community toilets.
Click on this website to see the figures of Swachh Bharat Urban–
Ministry involved in Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Swachh Bharat Mission includes various ministries of the Government of India.
(1) Ministry of Urban Development
(2) State Government
(3) Ministry of Rural Development
(5) Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
(6) Public Sector Undertakings and Corporations
In this way all these ministries are making their important contribution by joining the Swachh Bharat Mission. All the ministries are trying their level best to achieve the objectives of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
मेक इन इंडिया योजना की जानकारी के लिए लिंक पर क्लिक करे।
Swachh Bharat Clean School Campaign
The Ministry of Human Resource Development under the Swachh Bharat Mission with the objective of providing separate toilets for boys and girls in all government schools within one year, between September 25, 2014, and October 31, 2014, in Kendriya Vidyalayas and Navodaya Vidyalaya Sangathan. The school program has started.
The objective of the program is to ensure that every school in the country should have a set of necessary interventions that pertain to both technical and human development aspects of good water, sanitation, and hygiene program. The Ministry provides financial assistance to States/UTs for providing toilets for girls and boys in schools under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) and Rashtriya Shiksha Abhiyan (RASA).
Activities covered unde
- Cleaning of toilets and drinking water areas.
- cleaning the playground
- Maintenance and cleaning of school gardens.
- Cleaning the kitchen and stuff planet.
- Annual maintenance of school buildings with dyeing and painting.
- Organizing competitions on essay, debate, painting, cleanliness, and cleanliness.
- Cleaning of classrooms, laboratories, libraries, etc.
- SBA on various aspects of cleanliness and hygiene with children daily during school classes, especially with
- regard to the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi on cleanliness and good health.
- To set up a monitoring team of Children’s Cabinets and to supervise the cleanliness drive.
- Talking about any idol installed in the school or the contribution of the person who established the school and cleaning these idols.
Swachh Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan
- Apart from this, disseminating the message of cleanliness and good health by organizing film shows, essay/painting on cleanliness and other competitions, plays etc.
- The ministry has also proposed to start a half hour cleanliness drive twice a week involving school students, teachers, parents and community members.
Click here for Swachh Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya PDF – Swachh Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya PDF
Swachh Bharat Mission Clean Cities List
The Government of India released the cleanliness ranking on 15 February 2016.
Cleanliness Selection-2016 ranks 73 cities on the basis of cleanliness and sanitation.
Cities with a population of over one million were surveyed to check how clean or dirty they were.
Cleanest 10 Cities /Swachh Bharat Mission
Indore (Madhya Pradesh)
Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh)
Pimpri Chinchwad (Maharashtra)
Greater Mumbai (Maharashtra)
List of below 10 cities /Swachh Bharat Mission
Kalyan Dombivli (Maharashtra)
Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)
Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh)
Meerut (Uttar Pradesh)
Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh)
Asansol (West Bengal)
Note– The purpose of this website is to provide you with information about all the schemes run by the government. How did you like the information provided by us, do tell by commenting in the comment box. And for information related to any other type of schemes, stay tuned to our website yojanasarkari.in. Thank you
What is Swachh Bharat Abhiyan?
The campaign launched by the government to make people aware of cleanliness in the country, and to promote cleanliness, is called Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
When was the Government Swachh Bharat Abhiyan launched?
Swachh Bharat Mission, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan or Swachh Bharat Mission is a nationwide campaign launched by the Government of India in 2014 to eliminate open defecation and improve solid waste management.