SC Scholarship | SC Scholarship List 2023 | SC Post Matric Scholarship | SC Pre Matric Scholarship | SC National Overseas Scholarship | NSP Login
To promote education, both the state government and the central government start various schemes and services from time to time. These schemes are sometimes launched according to income criteria and sometimes according to the category of the student. Therefore, to fulfill the purpose of promoting education among all the students of the country, the government has launched the SC Scholarship 2023.
Through this article, we will provide complete information related to this scheme such as SC Scholarship Scheme What is it, its eligibility, benefits, features, objectives, required documents, the application process, etc. If you want to get all the important details from this scheme then read this article till the end.
SC Scholarship 2023
SC Post Matric Scholarship 2023 has been started by the Central Government and will be implemented through the State Government Administration and Union Territories Administration. Under this scheme, financial assistance will be provided to the scheduled caste students so that they can continue their education without any financial trouble.
This scheme is only available for pursuing education in India. This scheme will be provided by the state government to the applicant who will be a permanent resident of that state. Under this scheme, scholarships will be provided to scheduled caste students to study till their Ph.D.
|Name of the Scheme||SC Scholarship Scheme|
|Launched By||Central Government|
|Beneficiary||Schedule Caste Student|
|Benefits||Scheduled Caste students will get the scholarship|
Objective Of the SC Scholarship Scheme
The main objective of SC Post Matric Scholarship 2023 is to provide scholarships to all those students who come from scheduled cast and are not able to continue their education due to their financial condition, not sound. With the successful implementation of this scheme, financial assistance will be provided to all scheduled caste students. Education is the fundamental right of every student, this initiative will be encouraged. All the institutions notified by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment will come under this scheme.
Benefits And Features Of The SC Scholarship Scheme
- Through this scheme, financial assistance to scheduled caste students will be provided.
- This financial assistance will be provided only at the post-matric level.
- With the help of this scheme, students can continue their education despite having financial hurdles.
- The performance of the scheme will be evaluated once in 3 years by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Some Important Provisions Of The Scheme
- All the institutes need to include silent features of SC Post Matric Scholarship 2023 in their prospectus.
- The online portal will verify eligibility, caste status, Aadhaar verification, and disbursement of assistance within a time period.
- Students can submit their application through National Scholarship Portal
- The institutes will verify the applications on the NSP portal.
- All the institutes have to adhere to the limit of slots assigned to them.
- The selection of new entrants will be as per the entrance exam merit list.
- Institute should verify all the details before forwarding them to the Ministry.
- Students need to buy a computer/laptop in the first year.
- The students should have submitted the bill of purchase while applying for the scholarship.
- If any institution is found violating the provisions of the scheme, then that institution will be denotified.
- If any institution gets denotified, then already enrolled SC students under this scheme will continue to get scholarships till the completion of the course.
SC Scholarship List 2023
Scholarship – Pre-Matric Scholarship for students of Classes IX & X
This SC Scholarship Pre-Matric is provided by the Government of India and implemented by the State Government or Union Territories (UT). The objective of this SC Pre-Matric Scholarship is to financially support the SC students of classes IX and X and reduce their dropouts due to lack of funds so that they can continue their higher education. The amount of financial assistance that each scholar will get under this scheme is given below:-
|Scholarship per month (for 10 months)||INR 225||INR 525|
|Books and Ad-hoc grants per annum||INR 750||INR 1,000|
- Students must belong to the SC category.
- The annual income of the parents should not exceed INR 2.5 Lakh per annum.
- The students should not get any other funds from the Central Government.
- The applicant must be a regular student in a government school or a school recognized by the government or the Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
SC Post-matric Scholarships- Scholarships
This SC scholarship scheme provides financial assistance to scheduled caste students at the post-matriculation or post-secondary level so that they can complete their studies. The following table provides information on the scholarship award that each selected scholar will receive:-
|Course||Day Scholar allowance (for 10 months)||Hostellers allowance (for 10 months)||Readers allowance (for blind candidates)|
(I) Degree and postgraduate level courses in medicine, engineering, technology, agriculture, etc.
(II) Postgraduate diploma courses in management and medicine
(III) CA/ICWA/CS/ICFA etc.
(IV) MPhil, Ph.D., and postdoctoral programs
|INR 1,200||INR 550||INR 240|
|Group 2:– Professional course leading to a degree, or diploma in Pharmacy, nursing, etc.||INR 820||INR 530||INR 240|
|Group 3:– Graduate and postgraduate courses not covered in Groups 1 and 2||INR 570||INR 300||INR 200|
|Group 4:- Post matriculation level non-degree courses (10th passed)||INR 380||INR 230||INR 160|
NOTE:- Apart from maintenance allowance, the students will also get reimbursement for non-refundable fees, study tour charges, thesis typing/printing charges, book allowance, and book bank facilities.
- SC students enrolled in post-matriculation or post-secondary courses in recognized institutions/universities/colleges can apply for this scholarship.
- The annual family income of the parents/guardians of the student should not exceed INR 2.5 Lakh per annum.
SC Scholarship – Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC
The Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship or RGNF scheme is funded by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment for Scheduled Caste students. 2,000 scholarships are given to SC students every year. Students must be enrolled in universities recognized under the University Grants Commission (UGC). The fellowships are exclusively for M.Phil. and Ph.D. Student.
|Duration||Name of the course||Subjects||Rate of Scholarship|
|2 yrs.||M.Phil.||Science, Humanities, and Social Science||INR 31,000 (JRF) for initial 2 years
INR 35,000 (SRF) for the remaining tenure
|5 yrs.||PhD||HRA (House Rent Allowance)||As per the rules of the University/Institution/College|
|Readers assistance||INR 2,000 per month in case physically disabled students|
|Contingency for humanities and social science||INR 10,000 for initial 2 years
INR 20,500 (for remaining tenure)
|Contingency for science, engineering, Technology||INR 12,000 for initial 2 years
INR 25,000 for the remaining Tenure
|Engineering and Technology||INR 31,000 (JRF) for initial 2 years
INR 35,000 (SRF) for the remaining Tenure
- Students should belong to the SC category only can apply.
- They must be admitted to MPhil/Ph.D. degree in a university or academic institution.
SC Scholarship – National Overseas Scholarship for SC
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India launched the National Overseas Scholarship Initiative to support SC students/professionals who are financially constrained to be able to study abroad through this fellowship. Students or professionals belonging to the SC category who want to pursue Masters or Ph.D. Foreign institutions are eligible to apply.
The fields of study covered under this SC scholarship scheme are Engineering and Management, Pure Science and Applied Science, Agricultural Science and Medicine, International Commerce, Accountancy Finance, Humanities, Social Science, and Fine Arts. The government releases 100 scholarships out of which 30% are allotted to female applicants. There are 90 scholarships and 4 passage grants for the SC category. The duration of the award for the Ph.D. student is 4 years and for the master, is 3 years.
The table describes the scholarship award given to selected SC candidates pursuing research in foreign universities:-
|Types of allowance||US||UK|
|Air travel, Local travel, etc.||As applicable||As applicable|
|VISA fees, poll tax, etc.||Actual fees||Actual fees|
|Incidental journey allowance and equipment allowance||USD 20||NA|
|Contingency||USD 1,500||GBP 1,100|
|Annual maintenance allowance||USD 15,400||GBP 9,900|
NOTE:- The selected candidate will have to execute a bond on a non-judicial stamp paper before a notary for the actual amount to be spent by the Government of India on the candidate. Candidates shall not change the course of study or research while availing of the scholarship.
- Applicants belonging to the SC category can apply.
- The applicant’s age should be less than 35 years.
- Applicants must have secured more than 60% marks in their last qualifying exam.
- Annual family income should not exceed INR 8 lakh per annum.
SC Scholarship – Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
This scheme, launched by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, provides financial assistance to the students belonging to the Scheduled Caste category who have taken admitted at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. The main objective of the scheme is to promote quality education after class 12th among scheduled caste students. A total of 1,500 scholars are awarded under this scheme. The details of financial assistance given under this scheme are given below:-
- Full tuition fee and non-refundable charges up to INR 2 lakh per annum (and for private sector institutions up to INR 3.72 lakh per annum (for private sector flying clubs for Commercial Pilot Training and Type Rating Courses)
- Living expenses of INR 2,220 per month.
- Books and stationery charge up to INR 3,000 per annum.
- One-time assistance of INR 45,000 for Computer/Laptop with UPS and Printer.
- The scheme is open to the SC category students who have completed class 12th.
- They must have taken admitted to a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course in a notified institution through common selection criteria laid down by the concerned institutions.
- They should belong to a family where the annual income from all sources does not exceed Rs.6 lakh.
- Aadhar card
- ID card
- Ration card
- Age proof
- Caste certificate
- Residence proof
- Income certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Bank details
Online Application Process for the SC Scholarship Scheme
- First, visit the Official Website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- The home page will open on your screen.
- On the homepage, click on New Registration.
- Now tick the declaration after reading all the rules and regulations.
- After that, click on continue.
- Now a new form will open on your screen.
- On this form enter all the required details like your name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, etc.
- After that, click on the Register option.
- Now login through your student registration id.
- After that, click on the application form icon.
- Now an application form will display on your screen.
- Here you need to select the scholarship category.
- After that, enter all the required information in this form like your name, date of birth, father’s name, Aadhar card number, mobile number, etc.
- Now click on save and continue.
- After that, upload all the required documents.
- After completing the above procedure click on Final submission.
- By following this procedure you can apply for the Scheme.