Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Scheme | Pre Matric Disabilities Scholarship Yojana | Disabilities Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme
Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2020-21 is launched by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India. This invites applications from the physically challenged students of Class 9 and 10. The key objective of the scheme is to support the students with disabilities to study further to earn their livelihoods and find a dignified place for themselves in society. 50% of total scholarships are reserved for female candidates.
Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Important Details
|Name of the Scholarship Name||Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2020-21|
|Scholarship issuing Agency||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities|
|Scheme Closing Date||31-12-2020|
|Last date for defective verification and institute verification||15-01-2021|
Eligibility Criteria For Pre Matric Disabilities Scholarship Yojana
- Applicant must be a resident of India / Domicile of India.
- Students with a minimum of 40% of disability are eligible for the scholarship.
- The student should have the Valid disability Certificate prescribed by the competent authority.
- The students should be regular students studying on a full-time basis.
- The student should be studying in Class 9th or Class 10th in a school that is approved by the government or by the Central/ State board.
- Annual Family income is not more than INR 2.50 Lakhs from all the sources.
Pre Matric Scholarship Disabilities Terms and Condition
- Maximum two children of the same parents are eligible to avail benefits under this scholarship.
- If the second child is twin, the scholarship can be availed by both children.
- A student should not be availing benefits under any other scholarship scheme.
- The scholarship is given only for one year to study in any particular class.
- If a student fails and repeats the same class, a scholarship to study in that class will not be given any further.
Disabilities Pre Matric Scholarship Objective
- To reduce the drop out of students in classes IX and X.
- Improve the participation of the students in class IX, X, and pre-matric state of education.
- Domicile Certificate
- Aadhar Card/Copy of Aadhar Enrollment
- Income certificate issued by a competent authority in the State/UT Government
- Self-certified community certificate by the student
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheet
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother/father
- Passport Size Photo
- Verification Form to be provided by the Institution
- Fee Receipt of ‘Current Course Year’.
- If School/Institute is located in a State/UT different from the domicile State/UT of the applicant then the bonafide student certificate from the School/Institute.
- Disability certificate
Benefits of Pre Matric Scholarship
The amount of Pre-Matric scholarship includes the following for the complete duration of the course –
● Maintenance Allowance
● Book grant
● Disability Allowance
|Maintenance allowance for 12 months in an academic year||Rs 800 per month||Rs 500 per month|
|Book grant||Rs 1,000 per annum||Rs 1,000 per annum|
|Visually impaired||Rs. 4000 per annum|
|Hearing-impaired||Rs. 2000 per annum|
|Physically disabled||Rs. 2000 per annum|
|Intellectual disability||Rs. 4000 per annum|
|All other types of disability||Rs. 2000 per annum|
|Allowances||Amount (in Rs.)|
|a) Monthly Reader Allowance for Blind students||160|
|b) Monthly Transport Allowance, if such students do not reside in the hostel which is with in the premises of the Educational Institution.||160|
|c) Monthly Escort Allowance for Severely Disabled (i.e. with 80% or higher disability) Day Scholars/Students With low extremity disability||160|
|d) Monthly Helper allowance admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an educational institution who may need the assistance of a helper||160|
|e) Monthly Coaching Allowance to Mentally retarded and mentally ill students||240|
- Firstly, Visit the home page of the National Scholarship portal. Direct Link – Official Website
- Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
- Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Provide the bank details like Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number.
- Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- An application ID and password will be generated.
- Use that for future references.
Pre Matric Disabilities Scholarship Disabilities
The following factors will be taken into consideration for selecting the scholars –
- Fulfillment of eligibility conditions
- Number of slots available to the State
- Recommendation of the State Education Department
- Academic merit of the candidate in the qualifying examination
Note: In the case of tie-in marks obtained by the students, the selection will be based on the percentage of disability. Furthermore, if a tie still prevails, the age will be taken into consideration and the older candidate will get the preference.
Note – हमारी इस वेबसाइट का उद्देश्य आप तक सरकार द्वारा चलाई जा रही सभी योजनाओ की जानकारी पहुँचाना है। अगर आपको ये जानकारी सही लगे तो दूसरो के साथ भी साँझा कीजिये। कोई त्रुटि हो तो हमे जरूर बताए।
Some important questions and answers (FAQ)
What should be the Type and size of the documents to be uploaded?
The format of the file should be.pdf and .jpeg and the size of each document should not exceed more than 200 kb.
What should student do if he/she forget his/her ApplicationID?
The process of re-collection of the Application ID is: “Student login->Forgot Registration Details” then enter the basic fields accordingly and click on the button “Get Registration details”.
How should Applicant check the status of their application online?
Student have to login under the option ‘Student Login’ by entering their Application Id and Password. Once login, they will be able to view the option ‘Check Your Status’. Under this option they can check their online status.
What documents are needed to be given to the Institute/School/College for verification of online application on the Portal after applying for Scholarship?
Aadhar Card/Copy of Aadhar Enrollment, Income certificate issued by a competent authority in the State/UT Government, Self-certified community certificate by the student, Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheet, Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother/father, Passport Size Photo
What are the terms and condition for applying the scheme?
30% of the total seats are reserved for the female candidates. The seat will be transferred to the male candidate in case of the non-availability of the female candidate. A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available scholarships of Central Government meant for SC/ST/OBC/Minority students.