Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme | Vidyakiranam Scholarship Scheme Application Process | Vidyakiranam Scheme Kerala Online Application Form PDF | Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme Registration
Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme is been inaugurated by both the Central Government and the State Government. Basically, those children of the state will be benefitted under this scheme whose parents are differently-abled. Such children will be provided with a scholarship which will help them in their studies.
Today in this article we are going to discuss everything about the Kerala Vidyakiranam scheme. Through this article, we are going to give you all the important information regarding the scheme like its objective, important highlights, benefits, eligibility criteria, documents required, the application process, helpline number, etc. So if you want to know more stay connected with us.
Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme
Children of parents with disabilities grow up surrounded by a different kind of reality. The Social Welfare department of the government of Kerala has launched this scholarship scheme to give educational support to children of physically or mentally challenged parents. This scholarship will be provided to 25 children from all the districts of Kerala for the duration of 10 months. Under Kerala, Vidyakiranam Scheme amounts will be provided to only those students who are economically deprived.
It is to be noted that for getting this scholarship those students are eligible whose father/mother, either both or any one of them is disabled. This special scheme will be paid for ten schooling month period per year. Vidyakiranam Scheme application form is available to download in PDF format at sjd.kerala.gov.in. Beneficiaries’ scholarship amounts will be directly transferred to their bank accounts through NEFT every month.
|Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme Highlights|
|About||Vidyakiranam Scheme Kerala|
|Launched by||Government of Kerala|
|Department||Department of Social Justice|
|Benefit||Monetary Help/Social Security|
|Beneficiaries||Students/Parents of Kerala|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Here’s the list of following disabilities which the government and social justice department of Kerala state categorized for eligibility of applicants:-
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Acid Attack Victim
- Chronic Neurological Conditions
- Cerebral Palsy
- Hearing Impairment
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Locomotor Disabilities
- Leprosy Cured Persons
- Low Vision
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Multiple Disabilities including Drag Blindness
- Mental Illness
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Disabilities of Speech and Language
- Disabilities Of Specific Learning
Categories and their Scholarship Rate
The children have been categorized according to the classes in which they study as mentioned below:-
|1||Class 1 to 5||Rs. 300/- per month for 10 months|
|2||Class 6 to 10||Rs. 500/- per month for 10 months|
|3||+1,+2, ITI Equivalent Courses||Rs. 750/- per month for 10 months|
|4||Degree, Post-Graduation, Polytechnic, Equivalent courses, Training Courses, Professional Courses||Rs. 1000/- per month for 10 months|
Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme Objectives
The objectives of the Vidyakiranam Yojana are as follows:-
- The main objective of the Vidyakiranam Yojana is to provide scholarships to the children of disabled parents so that children can continue their education without any financial burden.
- Through this scholarship scheme, financial assistance will be provided to each category of children from every district so that maximum children can avail the benefit of this scheme.
Benefits availed under Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme are as follows:-
- With the help of the Vidyakiranam Scheme, scholarships will be provided to children of differently-abled parents.
- The scholarship will be provided to each category of a student from every district of Kerala.
- The scholarship will vary from Rs 300 to Rs 1000 according to the category.
- Under the Kerala Vidyakiranam scheme, 25 students of each district will get the benefit.
- The scholarship will be provided for 10 months.
- All those students who are getting benefit under any other educational scheme cannot apply for this scheme
- Those students who are pursuing their education from the government-approved institution can also apply for the scheme
- The amount of scholarship will be transferred to the bank account of the beneficiary through a direct bank transfer method.
Applicants need to pass the following eligibility criteria for enrollment in Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme:-
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Kerala.
- An applicant must be children of differently-abled parents.
- The applicant must belong to the BPL category
- 40% disability certified by the medical board submission is mandatory for applicants.
- Students pursuing online courses, parallel colleges, open schools, distance learning colleges are not eligible for this scholarship scheme.
- In the case of higher educational courses, applicants must be pursuing from only government-recognized institutions/colleges/universities.
Applicant needs to have the following documents in order to enroll themselves in Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme:-
- Aadhaar Card
- Income Certificate
- Copy of BPL Ration card
- Copy of percentage of disability certificate from the medical board of Kerela state.
- Attested copy of disability ID card
- Active mobile number
- 2 Passport Size Photograph of parent and student
The beneficiary must follow the following steps to fill the application to avail the facility of this scholarship scheme online/offline:-
- Firstly visit the official website.
Download the Kerala-Vidyakiranam-Scheme Application Form PDF
- Now you have to take a printout of this application form
- After that, you are required to fill this application form very carefully and after that attach all the required documents.
- After that, you have to forward the duly filled application form to the respective institution head.
- The institution head is required to forward this application form to the concerned district social justice officer.
- After successful verification, the scholarship amount will be transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account.
How to track Application
Follow the following steps in order to track your application status:-
- Firstly visit the official website of the Social Justice Department.
- A home page will open in front of you on which you have to click the ‘Schemes’ option to search for your scholarship scheme.
- Then you have to type ‘Vidyakiranam Scheme Educational Assistance for Children of Disabled Parents’ in the search options bar and click on the search option on the screen.
- Now you are on the page of ‘Vidyakiranam Scheme Educational Assistance for Children of Disabled Parents’.
- The beneficiary option will appear on the website, click on the same option.
- Choose the distinct and financial year of your filed application.
- The submit button will appear on the same page of the website. After clicking the same button your application status will appear on the website’s page.
In case you come across any query you can contact on the following number or can write an email:-
- Email Id- [email protected]
- Helpline Number- +914712306040, +914712302887
- Address:- Directorate social justice 5th Floor, Vikas Bhavan, PMG, Trivandrum, Kerela- 695033
Do read our other articles on our website:-Click Here
Note:- How did you like the information provided by us, please let us know in the comment section. For more details of any other scheme stay connected with us on https://yojanasarkari.in/. Thank you.